Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teacher Punches & Knocks Out 7th Grader for Making a Joke (VIDEO)

Cafe MichelleP
Football, football and more football. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Yesterday at 9:09 PM
Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

Teacher Punches & Knocks Out 7th Grader for Making a Joke (VIDEO)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

reginald wellsA teacher allegedly punched a 12-year-old student so hard recently that he knocked him unconscious after the student made a joke about the teacher's favorite football team. The reason for the reported attack? Teach was having a bad day, that's all.

Seventh-grade student Reginald Wells, who attends Smith Middle School in Texas, claims that when he passed an educator in the hall last Friday, he jokingly made a comment about his favorite football team. The teacher then reportedly punched Wells, who's 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs only 80 pounds, in the shoulder, and then Wells pushed the teacher. According to the student, after that, the teacher came back swinging, hitting him twice and then punching him in the mouth. "He hit me, and I blacked out," Wells said. The teacher was promptly fired after the incident, and only one question remains: What. The. Fuck?!

It's terrifying that this man was ever hired as a teacher to begin with -- a man whose excuse for allegedly hitting a seventh grader is "I was having a bad day." No matter how bad a student behaves, no matter how much they test one's nerves, it's never okay to hit a child. Ever. Especially over some stupid football joke. What was this man thinking?!

At least the teacher was fired shortly after the incident, and the school didn't try to make up excuses for his behavior. If convicted, may this man pay for what he did -- and may he never, ever, ever work in a setting with children again.

What do you think is an appropriate punishment for this man, if convicted?

Video here

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
He needs assault charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM
He needs assault charges and to not teach again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

completely agree with atlmom and bizzeemom. Plus some anger management thrown in with his punishment for assault charges.I kind of worry if it is a first time offense he may walk away so a lot of hard ,dirty community services as part of his probation.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I agree with everyone above.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Wow! Definitely needs to be charged with assault
AllyB_
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM

wow he has some serious issues going on. I bet he will lose his teaching license. 

jenny3344
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Assault on a minor and child endangerment charges. If he is convicted of crimes against a minor he will never teach again. He wouldn't pass a background check. And some jail time.
Pnukey
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Yes, it's appropriate. He needed to be fired. I teach 7th graders. Mostly, they're fun to be around, but sometimes they're annoying. I have never thought it's OK to punch one. 

BaronSamedi
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I would want to know more a lot more.   Before any action.

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

10 years in prison would be proper and to think teachers have so much pull really scares me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)