Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Beats by Dre

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 30 Replies

Does your teen have the Beats by Dre headphones? They're incredibly popular here, but my son doesn't have a pair. He's put them on his Christmas wish list.

Would you buy them for your teen? Or would you make them save up for them?

If you teen has them, do you think they're worth the price? Or do you think it's more like the current fashion accessory?

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
My teen left at home is a girl almost 16 so no they aren't on her list but yes they are VERY popular here and many of our youth clients have them. I guess if they are in your budget and you feel he would be responsible with them sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justbereal
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM
My mom got them for my son but honestly never again. They broke not too long after.
Debmomto2girls
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM

THey have been popular where I live for a long time. yes, I would buy them for a gift.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My 15 yr old is getting them as one of his Christmas presents.He is very into music ...all kinds from all eras.They surprised me ...who knew headphones cost that much ...LOL .His brothers and sister, all older, assure me they are really good.My older two researched them for me ,I was skeptical.

Google Deal a Day ,Groupon ...all those sites and sign up.AFTER....lol... I bought them my daughter  sent me links to those sites.They were showing up at a discount.She didn't know I had bought them.They had some much better ,still expensive, but better prices.

My 17 y.o. kinda wants them ,kinda doesn't so nope for him. Too much for not a strong want.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

never heard of them.

my kids just have the ear buds that came with their phones.  though I did get my son some noise canceling headphones by sony last year because he likes to fall asleep listening to music.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

LoL.... just asked my 16 yr old if he knew what they were and instead of yes or no he said "I dont want them".  I asked what they were and he said over priced head phones; they are supposed to be amazing for listening to music but they are more of a status thing than a quality head phone.

so... there you have my kid's opinion.... and he is a music enthusiast with very eclectic taste.

but that doesnt mean they wouldnt be a great gift if your child wants them.... but it does mean Im saving money!  lmbo!

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I agree with your kid. They are an over priced headphone. You're paying for the name, not the actual headphone. 

Quoting sahlady:

LoL.... just asked my 16 yr old if he knew what they were and instead of yes or no he said "I dont want them".  I asked what they were and he said over priced head phones; they are supposed to be amazing for listening to music but they are more of a status thing than a quality head phone.

so... there you have my kid's opinion.... and he is a music enthusiast with very eclectic taste.

but that doesnt mean they wouldnt be a great gift if your child wants them.... but it does mean Im saving money!  lmbo!

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by May 2014....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I am getting them for my 15 year old. I couldn't afford them last summer when he had his birthday, and I told him he would be getting them for Christmas.
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

never heard of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)