Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice on how to deal with a drunk 13 year old

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 33 Replies
How do I deal with a drunk 13 year old? I put her to bed with a bucket but she won't stay there and is talking loudly to herself and waking the other kids up
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Take her to the hospital. Don't let her out of your sight. Major league grounding. Alcohol awareness classes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hectichouse
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Crap I didn't think she'd need hospital. On way out door
hectichouse
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Got to to hospital and went to a n e told them she was drunk and asked me how much she had drunk I said I didnt know and just rolled her eyes and me n Sd went straight through to the a n e ward. Waiting to see doc in cubicle
TheMommyTaxi
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM

did they not ask you HOW she got so drunk?  I would be more worried about that.  Hopefully, having her stomach pumped will help her NEVER want to be that drunk again.  Sorry, momma!

hectichouse
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
They haven't pumped her stomach they have said they don't want to do that as she is so young and its umpleasent. They have just told her to drink lots of water presumably so she pees all the alcohol out (I dont know much about these things) and have told me to keep a eye on her and take her home
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
It is unpleasant. Maybe she wouldn't drink again. I would be all for it.

Quoting hectichouse:

They haven't pumped her stomach they have said they don't want to do that as she is so young and its umpleasent. They have just told her to drink lots of water presumably so she pees all the alcohol out (I dont know much about these things) and have told me to keep a eye on her and take her home

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hectichouse
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Part of them wanted me to and part didn't but I didn't say say anything about it.
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
How did you find her? Did she come home drunk or did she drink your alcohol?
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have insisted they pump her stomach she would think about it the next time she was offered alcohol

Chelsey191
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
When my little sister got drunk at that age, we were camping in the care of my aunt and uncle. My aunt made her wash dishes, clean and dirty, every dish got washed. Hers and her 10 friends who also had trailers out there. It sucked big time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)