Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

came home to find him and his girlfriend..

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 20 Replies
6 moms liked this

So my youngest were having a sleepover tonight and I got called in but Sam (14 year old brother in law who I am raising) asked if he could stay home by himself (he doesn't usually get to because he has tried to hurt himself in the past) so he could study. He is honest with me about how he is feeling and told me he felt fine tonight so I trusted him and I let him stay home. 

When I got home after work I come in and I found him and his girlfriend in the middle of the living room, studying XD 

It made me laugh because I have caught them kissing before and you know, most teenage boys would invite their girlfriend over when they're home alone to do unmentionable things and here they are books all spread out over the floor, note cards out, studying in silence. I tried to take a picture but he yelled at me hahaha

I did take him aside and remind him he's not allowed to have girls over alone, and he needs to ask before friends come over so I know what he's up to. He said okay and that was that.

I just wanted to make a happy post about Sam for once.

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gma2two
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I love how you handled it! Isn't it wonderful when kids surprise you in such an awesome way?!!!
marney.p
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I like positive posts.  Well done.

Pnukey
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Very cool...a picture of you realizing they were just studying would be funny too.

Love it when they are doing good.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh my gosh ....just edited my reply above .I wrote STUDDING ...uh nope please no bwahahahahah.Freudian slip here LOL

AllyB_
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

hahaha this cracked me up

Quoting Pnukey:

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, that's funny!

I think you completely handled it the right way too. Obviously no reason to over react but to explain how things should be handled in the future. 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM

LOL I'm laughing so hard over this LOL

Quoting drfink:gh

Oh my gosh ....just edited my reply above .I wrote STUDDING ...uh nope please no bwahahahahah.Freudian slip here LOL

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Awesome that they were just studying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)