Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

This happened in my town! Near my DS's school! ETA 2nd ETA (blue) 3rd ETA (green)

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/11/18/reynoldsburg-police-investigate-body-found-near-high-school.html

Police Investigate Body Found Near Reynoldsburg High School

Monday November 18, 2013 9:01 PM 
UPDATED: Monday November 18, 2013 9:40 PM

Police are investigating the discovery of a female body near Reynoldsburg High School's Summit Road campus.

Officers said someone discovered the body in a field near Summit Road at 5:30 p.m.

Reynoldsburg police say the victim was in her teens.

Officers are treating the discovery as a homicide.

This is the school my DS (17) attends! I pray to God it's not a schoolmate! I pray that whoever did it is caught & punished immediately! It's sickening to think that someone would want to murder a young woman who had so much to live for!

ETA Just saw on the news- Police were alerted to a body of a young woman found in the fields near the school (I could tell from the report it was by the practice soccer fields where my son has been plenty of times). They are unsure if it is homicide or suicide. They think they have identified the young woman & are waiting on the family to give a positive ID. The police will be there well into the morning to search the area for anything that could be a clue as to what happened.,

The search was over this morning for the killer. Apparently the girl went out to party Saturday evening. Her family reported her missing Sunday evening. Since she is 18 they police couldn't put her in the missing persons system yet but they were aware of her being missing when the call came in about a body found. The group of people she had been supposedly partying with were all questioned about her being missing. One guy (17) was a person of interest. He ended up confessing to getting high with her & goofing off with a knife. He went to throw it at a tree & it hit & killed her instead. BUT she was found naked. So speculation is they were having sex beforehand? There has been no info about how they knew each other or if he was her boyfriend.

Like I said- this is my son's school. He knew her. Not personally but enough to be able to point her out in the halls. She did not attend this year- it seems as if she was suppose to graduate last year but didn't so she was taking online classes this year to get her GED. He lived in another school district but our district has an open enrollment policy so he could have been a student here. Since he is 17 it is unknown if he will be tried as an adult or a minor.

That was hard. I got a text from DS around 5:30 asking if I could come get him & his friends & take them to a candlelight vigil for this young lady. We were there for an hour. I didn't know the girl. I ran into an old co-worker who lived right across the street from her. This co-worker's mom was the last person to see the girl alive! So sad. 3 local new stations were there.

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TatyBear
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
That's sad and scary all.at the same time. I hope they find whoever did it and quickly.
btherese
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I hate this sort of news. Unfortunately, we are reading and seeing this kind of thing more and more. May God be with her family and friends and let whomever is at fault be brought to justice.

lustfull
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

bump

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

so very sad

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Horrible!   Please keep us posted.

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM

so sad

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Oh gosh so very sad.Such a young girl.

Both family's lives have been changed forever .Heartbreaking

woodswalker
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

goofing around naked with a knife?   Yeah right.   Sounds like a knifepoint rape/murder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)