Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Spitting Image?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 37 Replies

So, last weekend we went to a family reunion of sorts to celebrate my FIL's 80th birthday.  FIL's 5 children were present, several grandchildren, and even a couple of great grands.  MIL has recently made DVD's from all her old home slides and videos.   As we were watching them, it was such fun comparing who looked like who.    The resemblence between Dh as a baby and our youngest son as a baby is astonishing!  What I found amusing was the 'little things', such as how Dh's brother had one long patch of hair (think Sonic the Hedgehog) as a baby, and our son had the same.     It was also pointed out that our son has his paternal Grandma's smile.... something I had never noticed.

It was also interesting to learn about characteristics, body language, and habits that the cousins share.  In fact, it was kinda weird...in a fun way!

Who do your kids' resemble?   Do they share certain gestures & traits with other family members?

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Our girls really resemble no one. DD 19 sort of looks like one of her cousins. DD 22, DH and FIL all have/had tempers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Our girls really resemble no one. DD 19 sort of looks like one of her cousins. DD 22, DH and FIL all have/had tempers.

Interesting!   I found it so interesting that my sons and a couple of their cousins actually stand alike!  The way they hold their hands is alike, the way they tilt their heads...   these are not guys that have seen a lot of one another, they've only seen each other maybe once or twice a year growing up...and haven't been together in a few years.  

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you got a copy that would be nice to give your kids when they get older

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds1 is a male version of me. Ds2 is the spitting image of dh when he was little. Dd looks a lot like one of dh's sisters.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

My entire family looks alike we have strong genes and you see it in our kids.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Our dd is a good mix between her dad and I.

Our sons look nothing like either of us but very much like others on both sides of our family. Our oldest son looks similar to my husband's grandfather when he was a boy as well as my oldest cousin. My youngest son looks very similar to my other cousin when he was young. He has a bit of his personality as well, lol.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I hope you got a copy that would be nice to give your kids when they get older

As a matter of fact, MIL is making us copies of some of the DVD's.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Quoting chattycassie:

That is how Dh's family is.  They all look a lot alike.   Dh's daughter and our youngest son look the most like him.   DH's oldest son looks like others in Dh's family and our other son looks more like me.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My 2 youngest daughters take after my side of the famly. My oldest daughter takes after her dad side.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting chattycassie:

That is how Dh's family is.  They all look a lot alike.   Dh's daughter and our youngest son look the most like him.   DH's oldest son looks like others in Dh's family and our other son looks more like me.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

DD19 looks like MIL
DS17 looks like DH with my colouring
DD14 looks like a female version of DH
DD12 looks like DH with my colouring
DS6 looks like me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN