Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Tomorrow!!!! is now TODAY!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

She comes home for thanksgiving tomorrow!!!! TODAY!!!!

But I'm such a novice, I didn't even think about the dorms closing. The dorm will be closed 50 min before her bus comes to take her to the Airport. I hope she has someplace to go for those 50 min!

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
They have a whole week off??
Dd never gets a whole week off except a month at Christmas. She gets 4 days in March and 5 days at Easter. 5 days at Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My daughter is taking the train home today.  My husband will be picking her up in Boston tonight.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Yes, whole week.

Quoting atlmom2:

They have a whole week off??

Dd never gets a whole week off except a month at Christmas. She gets 4 days in March and 5 days at Easter. 5 days at Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcfla
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Wow the whole week?  At UF dorms only closed during winter break (end of semester) no during Thanksgiving. Mine won't be home until Wedensday.  (maybe Tuesday night if they feel like driving late)

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Dorms only close at U of Dayton during Christmas break. Even then there is an area kids can stay in if they are not going home. Some Chinese students don't. I am sure some get invited to go home with some American students.

Quoting tcfla:

Wow the whole week?  At UF dorms only closed during winter break (end of semester) no during Thanksgiving. Mine won't be home until Wedensday.  (maybe Tuesday night if they feel like driving late)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcfla
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

yep, my neice is bringing home a german student and we are having them over for thanksgiving. My MIL is German and we hope that will make this student feel more welcome. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Dorms only close at U of Dayton during Christmas break. Even then there is an area kids can stay in if they are not going home. Some Chinese students don't. I am sure some get invited to go home with some American students.

Quoting tcfla:

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM

You must be so excited to have her coming home.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

How exciting.

My daughter's dorm only closed at Winter Break.

Other than parents weekend have yall seen her.Mine was so far away we only saw her once a semester other than holidays.It is so exciting to see them .

ENJOY.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

How exciting!

Momsalawyer
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Mine too, except that we will be driving four and a half hours each way to go get him for Thanksgiving!   So excited to see him, I would walk to go get him if I had to!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN