Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your college teen's food requests

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 15 Replies
When your son or daughter comes home from school what foods do they ask you to buy? What meals do they request? Or is there a restaurant they want to go to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
We will be at grandma's so she makes a roast, spaghetti and meatballs, cut up steak and whatever else dd wants.
Chick fil a and Steak and Shake are a must. Not at college and not at home here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcfla
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Both of mine like anything, Mainly because it's homecooked and they don't have to cook it.  My daughter always wants to go out to eat at Bonefish and my son always want to go to Kobe's or Buffalo Wild Wings.  So at Christmas I make sure to stock their stocking with gift cards to all the places they like to eat out, so when away at school they can treat themselves to something other than what the cook in their toaster over or george formen.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Mine lives with us as it is the norm to stay at home until you graduate where we live.

So same as when she was in high school, haha.

kali_w2
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Lasagna, chicken caccatore, sloppy Joes, chicken sausage corn gumbo (w/ extra hot sauce), any home made desserts

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Mine moved back home after graduation last summer and her food tastes have changed greatly. She always ate VERY VERY healthy,when she ate.  SO no fast food or restarant gift cards for her. Our fridge is stocked with tonns of fresh fruit and veggies as well as almond milk in both white and dark chocolate. The cupboards hold,fruit jerky,almonds, dried cranberries, coconut oil,coconut milk,coconut flour, almond butteretc. She changed the way she eats and now follows a modified paleo diet.  The boys went to school at home and as long it doesn't move they eat it. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM

The only one of mine who went away was my son, and he will eat anything, he never requested anything. For him it's all good.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Home cooked.  Another college mom told me how my daughter raved about my beef stew when she was home for Columbus weekend.  Tonight I had shepherd's pie, and she was in heaven.  She requested lasagna this week.  

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Good Tex-Mex , What-a-burger ,Crave Cupcake , a local Italian restaurant , a local breakfast place for their great french toast

She wants my homemade chicken and noodle or chicken and rice soup , my chicken enchiladas ,chicken parmigiana ,my made up chicken stir fry , Dublin D.P.

mowammee
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Mowammee's college dd here!

I am staying at home for now to both go to school and continue my dance education. So it's the same as when I graduated. We live in the south, so I love good homemade southern food. Things like Mac ' n' Cheese, Chicken 'n' Dumplings, Chicken salad with grapes, big glass of milk, banana's, PBJ's, Enchiladas. Thankfully all of this can be store bought so I can make on my own and then freeze/reheat if I have to. The less stress on my mom the better, she's also taking a college course.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
She wants soup and pasta most of all. Of course, being from Chicago -land, real pizza.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)