Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

how often is your teen's best friend over?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 21 Replies
Or how often does your teen go to the best friend's?

DS (17) & I have an agreement- every Saturday night his best friend is allowed over. He usually comes over after dinner, spends the night, & goes to church with us in the morning.

And DS usually goes to his house Wednesdays after school because they attend a youth group together. Neither one drives yet so someone picks them up at the best friend's house.

What about your teen & his or her best friend?
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM

My 19yr old's best friend shows up a couple of times a week.
My 17yr old has 6 friends who practically live here, off the top of my head it's been at least 3 months since we haven't had at least one of his friends join us for dinner.
If I can't find my 14yr old she is at her best friend's house 90% of the time.

bluelola
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM

He has friends over on the weekend all the time, one good friend usually once a week.

4Lildoodlebugs
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Our oldest daughter is in a click at school with about 5 girls....they are all best friends....but her friend next door they hang out at least 4/5 days out of the week...
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM

My 22yo is LIVING with her best friend - knowing them they're probably sitting side by side on their computers together right now lol

My other kids only see their friend's at school or planned playdates.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

My dd's best friend comes over a couple times a week, sometimes to study other times just to hang out. They work together and have one college class together too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM
In hs my dd's had friends over every weekend or at friends houses. Through the week was school functions, sports, clubs, or homework.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
All my kids have a group of friends not just one best friend and our front door is like a turnstile someone is always coming and going.

But it is nice. They are all great kids and I have know them for years and years and years. Makes our home life lively.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

They are here almost every weekend.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

In highschool my house was the one they all hung out at. As a result I could feed anywhere from the 6 that actually lived in the house to 10 depending on who was over. That being said the kids let me know if we had extras. Also DD and her best friend would check what was for dinner at both houses and then deciede where they were eating. They lived 4 blocks apart. Now that I only have 2 living at home and they are both collage age. I find them runnong in and out more often than not. It's not abnormal for me to come home and find DD's best friend walking uo from her space or coming in the front door with her

MaureenA6
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Normally once or twice a week during the school year. During the summer they spend more time together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)