Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Christmas gift for my 14 year old son

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

Not sure if anyone has posted something similar, but I have no idea what to get my son for Christmas!

He never wants anything except to spend time watching YouTube on the computer. He's not interested in sports. He loves video games, but he only plays them at his dads house, so I don't want to buy him something he'll take to his dads. He's not into music either...

what are you getting your teen son for Christmas?

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

im having same problem if its not a game of some sort im wasteing my money

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my 15 y.o. son is very into music.we are getting him an very upgraded turntable ,a couple of albums WE know he wants ,but also a couple of gc to a couple of vinyl shops ,half price books....decent album selection and Amazon.I'm not fond of gift cads for a large percentage of his gift but we don't know which albums he wants.He has  very diverse music tastes.Beats headphones and a few movie tickets and gc fo the food court by his fave movie theater.

Pamzies
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM

This is what we are doing for my daughter! I'm going to get some LPs based on the posters she has on her walls!

Quoting drfink:

my 15 y.o. son is very into music.we are getting him an very upgraded turntable ,a couple of albums WE know he wants ,but also a couple of gc to a couple of vinyl shops ,half price books....decent album selection and Amazon.I'm not fond of gift cads for a large percentage of his gift but we don't know which albums he wants.He has  very diverse music tastes.Beats headphones and a few movie tickets and gc fo the food court by his fave movie theater.

Joyzap2003
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old usually asks for one or two video games but since he has lost all of his television and video game privilages he will not be getting those this year.  This year he will be getting books and some new clothes.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Depending on what he is watching on youtube would movies or a tv series on dvd interest him?

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM

He'll get money or gift cards.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM

My 14 year old son is getting a video game that he really wants, some clothes that he wants, and I'm not sure what else yet.

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

mine are getting games and game systems

I would maybe get him a new computer since he watches you tube or maybe an ipad or tablet

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM

We have a few standard gifts we always get our kids- each yr they get a calendar for their rooms, a book, and a tree ornament (they will each have a nice collection when they move out).

Not sure yet what we're getting ds1 (14). I've given the ideas of gift cards to GameStop and Barnes & Noble to family, and I know my parents will be getting him a shirt (they always give one "fun" gift and 1 clothing gift). He is still into Legos and Nerf guns, and has recently re-discovered his Erector set, so I might go w/ something like that for him.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

A tablet or 5th generation IPod sound great for him then.  He can watch his utube videos on both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)