Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Chronic lying, on top of it all

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

DD is in a world of trouble. She's 15 and has been caught shoplifing, drinking, smoking, doing drugs both prescription and illegal, having sex with boys (supposetly just a BJ) and with two girls.

She was very good at doing what she was doing by lying by omission.

As part of her punishment her computer and smart phone has been taken away from her. She isn't supposed to use her computer for anything other than school work. This weekend while doing home work DH asked her if she was "only" doing home work and she said yes. I checked he smart phone, which downloads her emails to find she was lying and emial chatting a couple of friends. Not only lied but did it right in front of us at the kitchen table. 

We decided not to tell her about the emails because we can check on what she's doing through the phone. At least it's an insight to what she's up to. And the more she gets away with it, the more information she will probably reveal through this communication.

In the mean time and ideas on the lying? Or since we've decided this on route think we just have to keep quiet about it?

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would continue doing what you are doing.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have turned the computer towards me and forced her to show me the screen and then upon 'discovery' she'd be made to do her homework using textbooks, but that's just me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)