Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Why is she getting so much college mail???

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 24 Replies

I have 2 high school sophomores and my dd all of a sudden is getting a ton of mail from colleges.  All basically telling her what a great college they are. Every time i open up the mailbox lately theres another 3 or 4. 

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

If she's taking AP or IB classes, she'll get that.  Also some schools DO sell their mailing lists.

And its not too early to start planning either - we did college visits in their junior years - you need to narrow it down by then.

Khanfan
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

They must believe she would be a real asset to their school.  Congrats!  Some parents can't get thier graduates to show any interest in life after they get out of school.  Best wishes.

JTROX
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My son gets multiple college mailings a day.  It is somewhat annoying.  Mine is a senior this year so they are starting to slow down now.

bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Did she take a test like the PSAT? They started sending my son a ton after he took it early his soph year. His school is careful to keep the kids names off mailing lists because it can get overwhelming and honestly annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

She's been planning out college sicne she was in elementary school  lol.  I can't tell you how  many books we have on the subject and how much she's checked out schools online.  But she has not yet actually put her name out there for anything.  We've been to a college fair held at her school but that was early freshman year. 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

If she's taking AP or IB classes, she'll get that.  Also some schools DO sell their mailing lists.

And its not too early to start planning either - we did college visits in their junior years - you need to narrow it down by then.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

oh right i forgot about that test.  Yeah she took the PSAT in early oct i think

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Did she take a test like the PSAT? They started sending my son a ton after he took it early his soph year. His school is careful to keep the kids names off mailing lists because it can get overwhelming and honestly annoying.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Must be smart. Mine got none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My daughter is getting the same thing, emails and regular mail from different colleges. I was wondering the same thing but I guess from what the first poster posted I guess it is contributed to her AP class.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

We would get piles and piles of it. We still do and they've been out of high school for years now, well a few of them have.

bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Msgme:

oh right i forgot about that test.  Yeah she took the PSAT in early oct i think

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Yep, that will do it.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN