Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Tattoo

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 20 Replies

Just saw a tattoo on my 15yr old  son's forearm while he was sleeping. I don't know how long it's been there since he has been wearing long sleeves. So before I freak out need advice on how to handle this. 

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Be pissed at whoever did it illegally. Pissed at him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Well it's done, and you can't change that, but it does mean he isn't very trustworthy and thats the angle I would come from.

I'd want to know the who, what, where, when's and why's. Then I'd let him know he is grounded, no differently then if he had broke any other rule. Come from a calm place though, you are more likely to find the answers you want.

bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I agree with this. It would be REALLY tough for me as I cannot stand them and truly believe they are trashy (just MY opinion) however staying calm way to go

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Well it's done, and you can't change that, but it does mean he isn't very trustworthy and thats the angle I would come from.

I'd want to know the who, what, where, when's and why's. Then I'd let him know he is grounded, no differently then if he had broke any other rule. Come from a calm place though, you are more likely to find the answers you want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM
It's definitely permanent? No chance it's a fake one?
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM

could be a fake? But he'd be sitting at the table the next morning if it wasn't until he told me who did it (illegally) and gave me some contact information. Then he'd be grounded.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

This is good advice~ stay calm and discuss it with him. Then let him know what his consequences are.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

suesues
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM

discuss it with him and who signed for it talk to place that did it. Mine waited till 18 and working to get hers on her hand without me knowing makes me said evertime I see it 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I personally would sit him down and ask questions. Most importantly what shop illegally tattooed a minor. Then my son would have be grounded and not left unsupervised for quite awhile.
Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

I personally would sit him down and ask questions. Most importantly what shop illegally tattooed a minor. Then my son would have be grounded and not left unsupervised for quite awhile.

I agree with this.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM

yup ,agree

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting fammatthews4:

I agree with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN