Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Xmas Blahs

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
Is it me or do teens just not get into Xmas anymore? I remember growing up and loving to decorate the tree, is that the case it seems now days?? My SS would rather watch and be rude by not acknwledging us when we ask him if he wants to join the fun. And all I can think is "oh but you want us to get you presents". Am I the only one who gets this and feels this way?
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I've gotten to the point that I realize I do the Christmas stuff (decorating, baking, etc) for me because I enjoy it. I ask the kids if they want to help, if they don't I leave it be. I'm doing it for me, not them.
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine haven't either. I have not put up a tree in 6 years but we are not home around Christmas anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishlass569
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Have to agree with Fammathews4... Although I don't go all out decorating, I do it more for the me, to make the house look nice and the company.  My daughter cares about what she's getting for the holiday's, spending time with friends and family and not much more.

Quoting fammatthews4: I've gotten to the point that I realize I do the Christmas stuff (decorating, baking, etc) for me because I enjoy it. I ask the kids if they want to help, if they don't I leave it be. I'm doing it for me, not them.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My four help when they are around.  My honey and I do most of it because we enjoy it so much.  How old is he?  I have one 25 yr old, and three 18 yr olds.

mistyann00
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

1-16yr old SS, and 1-13yr old SD.

Quoting MrsBLB:

My four help when they are around.  My honey and I do most of it because we enjoy it so much.  How old is he?  I have one 25 yr old, and three 18 yr olds.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Not in my house, my teens LOVED playing Santa to the younger kids. They still love it.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds1(14) is still into it. He asked when I was going to get the decorations out, and is anxious for dh to finish decorating the outside so we can put up the tree and decorate it (dh has the outside stuff all over the living rm, where the tree goes).

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is still into it. He's 14. This year, he even asked to make Christmas treats for the first time with my mom and sister. I thought it was really sweet of him to show interest in learning the family recipes.

Belovedmoonpixi
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD is 13 and starts begging me to bring the stuff out of storage since the beginning of November... then midway through the decorating she sort of "fizzes" and I have to finish alone!
PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids fight over who is putting the pickle on the tree and they will hide it in the tree, whats even funnier is my kids old friend comes over just to find the pickle and hide it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)