Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Internet or Cable /TV

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

At our beach house over Thanksgiving the Internet /wifi was wonky.Weak ,in and out not working much.Our cable was strong.We have basic there ,the only way to have TV there.Normally it is the cable if something is wonky.Cell phone often is wonky .We have a land line because to depend on a cell is worrisome.

Our teens were in withdrawal .I always thought as long there was cable...endless sports and Sci Fi ...it would be fine.After the first day on Wed they were ok but I had never realized how much they stayed in contact with their friends.It was panic for them when they realized they couldn't text our address to friends coming down...lol...land line ??????

For your teen and you what is more important Internet or TV/Cable.

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Internet

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Internet I would guess.
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My husband shut off the cable and wi fi one day over the holiday weekend because he was trying to get the kids to come downstairs and they weren't listening.  They were watching a movie and when it stopped, they looked at each other for a minute, then grabbed their phones and started texting/surfing the net via the 4g service on their smart phones--they didn't even notice he'd done anything.  LOL, he just couldn't win! 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Probably cable/tv. He's limited on his computer usage- no computer in his room and his laptop is for schoolwork only (it stays in the kitchen or family rm). The only cell phone he gets to use is a basic Tracfone that he has to share w/ his younger siblings- it stays in the kitchen when not needed.

NidanLady
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Definitely internet.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Internet
Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Internet
amberNewman0213
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Internet!
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Internet - we can get almost all of the things they would watch on TV,, online.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Internet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)