Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do any of your teens have a

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Ida
  • 35 Replies

problem when getting blood taken.

My son has a problem because his blood is so thick they have to use a syringe to draw his blood.

Today he had to have bloodwork and they got it the 1st time which never happens

clapping

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Don't they always use a syringe? I don't think I've ever seen blood taken differently.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Not really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM

You know how they normally put a tube in and can change tubes.  Not with him they use the type they give a shot with and pull back to suction the blood out because it won't fill the tubes it is to thick.

Quoting cybcm:

Don't they always use a syringe? I don't think I've ever seen blood taken differently.

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

You are lucky he has passed out from then trying so many times and then they have to give up.

Quoting atlmom2: Not really

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

ok

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

SAMI_JO
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes! DS totally freaks out just to stick his finger. But I am glad, that gives me some peace that he won't be shooting up drugs.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Must be a different country thing, we always get the plain syringe. Only time I've seen a tube used is on my DH post surgery.

Quoting 02nana07:

You know how they normally put a tube in and can change tubes.  Not with him they use the type they give a shot with and pull back to suction the blood out because it won't fill the tubes it is to thick.

Quoting cybcm:

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

my daughter was like that she would cry as soon as she found out there was a needle involved my boys never cared even the one they have the problem getting his blood.   You would think he would be the one with the problem.  I agree about shooting up though I thought the same thing and was glad she hated needles LOL 

Quoting SAMI_JO:

Yes! DS totally freaks out just to stick his finger. But I am glad, that gives me some peace that he won't be shooting up drugs.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Mine passes out if she sees it happening or there is any trace Of blood when they are done
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)