Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do any of your teens have a

Posted by   + Show Post

problem when getting blood taken.

My son has a problem because his blood is so thick they have to use a syringe to draw his blood.

Today he had to have bloodwork and they got it the 1st time which never happens

clapping

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM

No not rude I just didn't understand your response because I don't see how it is funny I must have missed something.

Quoting luckysevenwow: Ok?

No reply would have been better. Just 'ok' comes off rude. Maybe it's just me but it sounds like something the kids say when they are trying to placate me.

Quoting 02nana07:

ok

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM

My daughter has always hated needles of any kind but my boys don't seem to mind especially my youngest

Quoting AllyB_:

my 14 year old is really good at having his blood drawn. He tells me he's used to needles because he spent time in the hospital when he was 11 (before I knew him) but he hates getting shots haha

suesues
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM

son use to nothing came out like me got to pick different arm or vain

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM

That was me until I figured out which arm and vein works for me now I point it out and they get it 1st try. 

Quoting suesues:

son use to nothing came out like me got to pick different arm or vain

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
My son used to be scared of needles a totally freak out. He's been in the hospital so much the last few years having had IV's and blood draws that now he just turns his head and let's them do it.
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My daughter just doesn't like needles.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

None of my kids like needles

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
The weird thing is, it just started a couple years ago!! Lol yes I am hoping she out grows it!! My youngest makes fun of her

Quoting 02nana07:

I guess a profession in the medical field is out

I hope she outgrows it if she wants kids later or it could be a problem.

Quoting mommyneedssleep: That's what I have her do! We also make sure they have something to clean up any blood that got on her or anywhere around her lol!!!!

Quoting 02nana07:

He has passes out once but the dr told me it was something they did while trying to get his blood. 

What do you do have them turn the other way until the bandage is on that is what I would do

Quoting mommyneedssleep: Mine passes out if she sees it happening or there is any trace Of blood when they are done

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Then this reply would have been better then just ok, or no reply. 

It's funny because it turns into a comedy, could be a scene right out of the movies. Plus she finds it funny, so it's not like I find it funny and she is traumatized. The nurse is good about setting it up for her, having a pillow and OJ ready and making sure she puts her head between her legs before they even start. This is a girl who isn't phased by blood or injuries, but when it comes to drawing her blood she get's woozy. Slice her finger off and she'd find it cool, come close with a syringe and it's a whole other story.

Quoting 02nana07:

No not rude I just didn't understand your response because I don't see how it is funny I must have missed something.

Quoting luckysevenwow: Ok?

No reply would have been better. Just 'ok' comes off rude. Maybe it's just me but it sounds like something the kids say when they are trying to placate me.

Quoting 02nana07:

ok

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting 02nana07:

My daughter has always hated needles of any kind but my boys don't seem to mind especially my youngest

Quoting AllyB_:

my 14 year old is really good at having his blood drawn. He tells me he's used to needles because he spent time in the hospital when he was 11 (before I knew him) but he hates getting shots haha

All my kids hate needles so it is a struggle for them to have their blood drawn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN