Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do any of your teens have a

Posted by   + Show Post

problem when getting blood taken.

My son has a problem because his blood is so thick they have to use a syringe to draw his blood.

Today he had to have bloodwork and they got it the 1st time which never happens

clapping

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (31-35):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Funny story... i had to have a pillow over my face and someone across my legs and holding both arms when getting my IV when i was in labor with both of my boys....the IV was worse than labor to me.

Quoting 02nana07:

I guess a profession in the medical field is out

I hope she outgrows it if she wants kids later or it could be a problem.

Quoting mommyneedssleep: That's what I have her do! We also make sure they have something to clean up any blood that got on her or anywhere around her lol!!!!

Quoting 02nana07:

He has passes out once but the dr told me it was something they did while trying to get his blood. 

What do you do have them turn the other way until the bandage is on that is what I would do

Quoting mommyneedssleep: Mine passes out if she sees it happening or there is any trace Of blood when they are done

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

My dd doesn't freak out about it but she isn't happy when it has to happen, lol. Fortunately the lab in our doctor's office is really good a drawing blood. Some of the ladies are so good you don't even feel the pinch.

My 11 y/o had to have blood drawn for a cholesterol test when he had his physical last year. I felt so bad for him b/c he was so nervous about it and the lady had to stick him twice to get the blood drawn :(

My 8 y/o hasn't had to have blood drawn but dreads having to have a shot. 

Msgme
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My DD totally freaks out. Super afraid of needles. She's gotten a little better with age. Once at like 7 She freaked out so bad someone called security. It was just me in her in a hospital clinic. They had put us in a small room and we had to wait. I made the mistake of trying to prepare her. Someone thought I was killing her. Very traumatic experience. She doesn't scream anymore thank god.

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM

That sounds like my daughter she had her kids natural to keep from getting an epidural that's how bad she hates needles

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz: Funny story... i had to have a pillow over my face and someone across my legs and holding both arms when getting my IV when i was in labor with both of my boys....the IV was worse than labor to me.

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting mommyneedssleep: That's what I have her do! We also make sure they have something to clean up any blood that got on her or anywhere around her lol!!!!

Quoting 02nana07:

He has passes out once but the dr told me it was something they did while trying to get his blood. 

What do you do have them turn the other way until the bandage is on that is what I would do

Quoting mommyneedssleep: Mine passes out if she sees it happening or there is any trace Of blood when they are done

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Lol me too..... i refused an epi because of needles.

Quoting 02nana07:

That sounds like my daughter she had her kids natural to keep from getting an epidural that's how bad she hates needles

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz: Funny story... i had to have a pillow over my face and someone across my legs and holding both arms when getting my IV when i was in labor with both of my boys....the IV was worse than labor to me.

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting 02nana07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN