Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my dd informed me yesterday that if she wants to have sex...she will have sex.

She is on the pill FOR this reason. I KNOW she is sexually active but its the THOUGHT of her having sex, that is the problem for me.

If i KNOW she is having sex. I am kinda fine with it but at the same time it angers me because she is a teenager going off of her hormones instead of her head. They believe they WONT get pregnant bc she is on the pill and they use a condom.

they are not having sex in their perspective at (at least anymore that i know of), but they ARE finding other places like the laundry room of our apartment(i caught them IN THE ACT last night).... i dont know of any other place. i am not gonna tell the other mother just yet.

I want to ground both to be away from each other for a long time. I want to tear him apart. Ugh!

There is already trust issues between and dd and also her bf. Any thoughts/ideas/comments/incouragement from anyone out there?

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (21-23):
8chickens
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I'm just realistic the decision to have or not have sex is an individual choice, teens do not need permission and in  the US statistics say 70% of seniors are sexually active in one form or another as well as std's are increasing among young people. I'm going to accept not that it will hapen but may happen or has happened. I'd rather insure my own have all the info and protection available.

8chickens
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I might also add striking young men/women will get you in trouble with the law, my hubby as an attorney sees it all the time. It is battery/abuse to strike another.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM
No one here not calm I'm just over parents even using as a "metaphor" sorry but it's just MY opinion and it's clearly IMO classless, ignorant, ect. Stating my reality. I also work with CPS families (child protective services) so I find it offensive as well. We all have a right to our opinion and yes you are correct I'm glad for your kid it was meant to be stated "metaphorically" you would not believe how many times it isn't on here.

Quoting Mickshelle15:

Well it's a good thing I could care less what you say.

'Knock my kid clear across the room' - It was something said metaphorically. If I had knocked my kid clear accross the room, she'd be in the hospital and hopefully, I'd be arrested for child abuse.

Geeze, Louise. Calm down.

Quoting bizzeemom2717: This mother is reaching out for help...she's trying. Agree with ONE thing you said glad her daughter isn't your daughter NO KID EVER deserves to be "knocked across the room". I guess I've been on this board too long but I'm so over that kind of physical tough mom crap whether its real or damn I pray just to make a point. ANYONE knocking their kid around is abusive and then getting on an arrogant high horse in response to a mother asking for help with a straight up ignorant comment like yours, I'm sorry just so damn over it. Talk to your kids for goodness sake no "knocking around" wth?

Quoting Mickshelle15:

First off - you're 'fine with it?' Explain that. 

Secondly, you 'caught them in the act last night?'

Did you discipline them? Regardless of her age, she needs to be disciplined - whichever way you discipline (or if you even do!) It's NOT okay for her to have sex because she's only a teenager.

And lastly, you're 'not gonna tell the other mother yet?'

I don't think your DD is the problem here. I think you're the problem.

Youi're the adult, you're the mother. You're the disciplinarian. You need to put on your big girl pants and handle her!

She's lucky she ain't my daughter. I'd knock her clear across the room.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)