Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

ugh stinky shoe help

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

can I borrow a trash can from someone? and some matches?? and a biohazard suit????

ok they aren't that bad but lately the 14 year old has had some stinky shoes. I'm not really sure why all of a sudden. I've had him for a year and I've never noticed it before but lord help me I just walked into his room and it smells like stinky feet!?

I think I need to wash all his socks (again... I just did a load with all his socks but I guess I need soak them? will that help??) and something has to happen with his shoes.

What do I do??? :/ 

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Usually it is foot bacteria that causes it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Try adding baking soda to the wash.  He may need to wash his feet twice a day too.  When possible set his shoes outside in the sun, that may help too.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Does he have more than one pair? I had heard that you need to keep a couple pairs of shoes so that you can alternate them. This allows them to dry out and not keep a nice living environment for bacteria. I bought DD 3 pairs of sneakers that she wears to school. She's a jeans/t-shirt and Converse type of girl. =) This also helps with my DH's shoes. 

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

There is a spray from odereaters plus he needs odereaters in his shoes at all times replace as needed. 

presoak socks before washing and use dryer sheets that absorb oder.

VickyJoJo
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

If his shoes are washable, wash them to get rid of the existing smell.  I second the odoreaters insert in his shoes.   Buy spray antiperspirant and tell him to use on his feet before he puts his socks and shoes on.  My daughter used to have a terrible problem with sweaty feet/smell, particularly after wearing boots.  After she started doing this, not a problem anymore

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I agree with putting odor eater insoles in his shoes.   There are also those little balls that absorb odor- you can put in shoes when you take them off, or stuff a fresh dryer sheet in each shoe overnight.

CozyPeach
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Does he have athlete's foot? That may be contributing to the smell. Good luck!

girlfriendcj70
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I use odor eaters spray for stinky shoes. My daughters shoes get stinky at times

mjande4
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

There are some deodorizer balls made just for shoes.  They sell them at all of the sports stores.  My kids have them in ALL of their shoes for my sanity.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My 7 year old has the stinkiest feet I have ever smelt, I have done every thing from spay to buying new shoes, I spoke with the Dr. and he said she is lacking in zink....nothing works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)