Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Is it possible to care to much

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
Tonight my 16 year old son got really mad at me and told me that I worry about him too much. He said you worry about my feelings too much you worry if I'm happy or not. Is that possible? For a parent to care about their child's feelings too much?
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM

It is possible to worry too much.

suesues
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM

thats what parenting is all about need to let then fall on there own 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

agree~

Quoting boys2men2soon:

It is possible to worry too much.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Helicopter parenting, yes. You can care, but not hover and meddle. Kids have to make mistakes and find their own way to become healthy adults who function well in society.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree you can worry to much. I dont believe you can ever care to much. Esp in the teen years when they will be leaving soon. You have to let them make their mistakes and learn from them. Be confident that you gave him the basic life skills.

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Its not that you care to much maybe you just show it to much because we never want our kids to hurt and sometimes try to hard to protect them from it.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry, not possible to love and care too much. But, if you impede his growing up and becoming an independent adult, then you are caring in a wrong way.
starlite204
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM

i was the same way too, the more i did for him the more he would get mad at me so know he does his own laundry and i stopped doing things for him that he can do himself what i think he was trying to tell me is mom quit babing me! and yes since then his attitude has changed for the better

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM

It is possible, sometimes one needs to let their child fail...How else are they going to learn.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Quoting atlmom2: Helicopter parenting, yes. You can care, but not hover and meddle. Kids have to make mistakes and find their own way to become healthy adults who function well in society.

You have said that very well "agreed"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN