Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

12/9 Random Question *National Parks*

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 16 Replies

Which national parks have you visited? Which national parks do you want to visit?

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM

We want to visit parks in the northwest.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Grand Canyon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Smoky mountains, and one in Washington state but it's Monday and I can't think of the name
wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

We've had the kids to 14, and I've been to an additional 5.

Kids: Gettysburg, Ft. McHenry, Mammoth Cave, Herbert Hoover Birthplace, Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier, Antietam, Canaveral Nat'l Seashore, Smokey Mts.and Jefferson Nat'l Expansion Memorial (Gateway Arch).

I've also been to: Rocky Mt. Nat'l Park, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Great Sand Dunes, and Yosemite.

We've got a long list of ones we'd like to still go to : )

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Our house backs onto one :)
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM

completely forgot about the Canaveral national seashore and the Gateway arch being national parks.  I've been those places too.

Quoting wakymom:

We've had the kids to 14, and I've been to an additional 5.

Kids: Gettysburg, Ft. McHenry, Mammoth Cave, Herbert Hoover Birthplace, Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier, Antietam, Canaveral Nat'l Seashore, Smokey Mts.and Jefferson Nat'l Expansion Memorial (Gateway Arch).

I've also been to: Rocky Mt. Nat'l Park, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Great Sand Dunes, and Yosemite.

We've got a long list of ones we'd like to still go to : )

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

been to Smoky mountains want to visit Grand Canyon

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I've been to Rocky Mountain, Santa Monica Mountains, and Devils Lake but I think that's only a state park (in WI). My kids have been to many more on field trips. I would like to visit the Grand Canyon.

ETA: And I've been to the Gateway Arch, jeez I lived in St Louis for over a decade and didn't know that was a national park, lol.

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have a hard time keeping national parks versus state parks straight, so I pulled up a list to look at:
Death Valley
Everglades
Grand Canyon
Joshua Tree
Petrified Forest
Redwood
Rocky Mountain
Saguaro
Sequoia
Yosemite
drfink
by Emily on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yup ,me too plus I'm not sure I remember them all individually.Grand Canyon ,several parks in New Mexico but state or national ?The same in Fla ,Ga ,N&S Carolina and up the coast.There are different summers we we went up parts of the east coast and different years the west coast.Hawaii and Alaska.

Quoting Barabell: I have a hard time keeping national parks versus state parks straight, so I pulled up a list to look at:
Death Valley
Everglades
Grand Canyon
Joshua Tree
Petrified Forest
Redwood
Rocky Mountain
Saguaro
Sequoia
Yosemite

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)