Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you listen to the same music as your teens?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 41 Replies

We all listen to a lot of the same music.  Classic rock, metal, some country.  What do y'all listen to?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Well, 8 people in this house so just about every music genre is covered.

Apparently 80s rock is back 'in' again so I choose to flip it and say that they listen to the same music as me (well, teenage me at least) copycats...
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

We listen to some of the same stuff like The Killers, MGMT, The Beatles, ect. Some of the stuff she listens to I just can't get into just like she can't get into some of the music I like, lol.

GMMC
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Quoting cybcm: Well, 8 people in this house so just about every music genre is covered.

Apparently 80s rock is back 'in' again so I choose to flip it and say that they listen to the same music as me (well, teenage me at least) copycats...
I was about to say the same thing... My kids listen to the same music as me and I am so stuck in the 60's and 70's.
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Not often. I love the 70's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

DD and I listen to same stuff as we both love country. 2 of my DS's listen to metal and heavy rock, although the one loves the old classic rock as he calls it and when he was living at home watched my CDs disappear into the black hole of his bedroom.

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We all like rock music and some pop. My husband listens to just about everything, but his favorite is rap. My son listens to just about everything but country. I think his tastes are a little closer to mine in terms of music.

8chickens
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM

ACDC, OZZY, etc. Hubby and I were big hair heavy rockers in the 80's

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I like most music so we listen to the same

arsjncmom
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I listen to country. My teen hates it. He listens to old school grunge music or whatever the hell skaters listen to.
romalove
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM

for my husband, all new music after 1983 is bad (with the exception of a little bit of Coldplay lol).

So he doesn't even know most of what they listen to, and when he hears it, he gets annoyed.

I, on the other hand, listen to everything my kids listen to.  Big groups around here are The Fray, Imagine Dragons, Nada Surf, one of my daughters is into K-Pop so Big Bang, 2NE1, Girls Generation, they love Matt Nathanson, Tyler Hilton, one daughter is into Irish fiddling (she loves Hanneke Cassle and some others) and classical music, the other one loves Eminem....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)