Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teen pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 16 Replies
hi my 15 yr old daughter is pregnant. my boyfriend doesnt want anything to do with it because it will be bi-racial. my daughter wants to keep it but the (sperm donor) has left the picture. i am so stressed because i have 5 of my own and im in nursing school! i cant take care of another baby financially. what do i do????
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Adoption???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quoting atlmom2: Adoption???

Yes she should look in to this

woodswalker
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I would try to talk her into giving it up for adoption.  Whatever you do, dont drop out of nursing school because of her mistake.

bizzeemom2717
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree a beautiful baby deserves a loving home where it is loved and very much wanted. I would also look into ditching the racist boyfriend, wth?

Quoting atlmom2: Adoption???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notomatoes
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

you need to get in touch with either planned parenthood or jewish family services. the hard truth is that alot of adoption agencies want nothing to do with a bi racial child, especially if the (potential?) child looks bi racial. your daughter might want to keep the child now but when all her friends drop her and the bills start coming in, and she  is left with a small, screaming 24 hour poop machine, she will change her mind. as for the sperm donor, dont bother to contact him, his has flown the coop, so, legally, he has no say whatsoever. jewish family servcies can help and pay for her to get prenatal care, and they have a very good reputation at adoption placement, planned parenthood has alot of different services, including adoption, both organizations having listings online.

momof53g2b
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM

We have talked about adoption but she doesn't want to. I can't make her. That is what I was praying for. Not that I couldn't provide for the baby, it's not my responsibility. I have a 17 yr old a 15 yr old a 12 yr old a 6yr old and a 4 yr old to raise. I'm not planning on quitting school because i absolutely love it!! Everything I have done has been for my children. The bf........ We run a business together and it is my only income as of now!! I love him but I love my children more!!! Thanks for the comments!! 

kthomasson
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting momof53g2b:

We have talked about adoption but she doesn't want to. I can't make her. That is what I was praying for. Not that I couldn't provide for the baby, it's not my responsibility. I have a 17 yr old a 15 yr old a 12 yr old a 6yr old and a 4 yr old to raise. I'm not planning on quitting school because i absolutely love it!! Everything I have done has been for my children. The bf........ We run a business together and it is my only income as of now!! I love him but I love my children more!!! Thanks for the comments!! 

Well, she may not want to consider adoption yet, but....find a friend with a newborn and send the 15yo over there for about a week over Christmas break to take care of the baby 24/7.  I mean getting up with the baby during ALL the times it wakes, up, baths, feedings, crying, rocking, changing, EVERYTHING- even so far as she has to take into shower with her if it's awake or take baby monitor.  We did this with my 16yo who was getting frisky with a boy in a movie theater and she was all like no big deal and afterwards she said she's adopting a 3yo! lol.  Seriously, she really got an eye opener from the experience because my friend woke her up for everything and she got NO naps unless baby was sleeping and chores were done.  BEST IDEA EVER!!!!

createive
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Adoption. There has to be a place for a bi-racial child. I don't know any person who wants a child that can't have one that would care about race enought to turn down an baby. I had a miscarriage, and didn't think I could have a child. I wanted a baby so bad honestly, nothing mattered to me.

Your 15 year old DD doesn't understand how this will change her/your life. I don't know how to convince her to give it up for adoption, maybe show her listings of people, whe are more equipped to raise a child, want one but can't.

Good luck!

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I just have a hard time with 15 years olds having boy friends and being left alone, I no a little late now ....I feel really bad for you.

notomatoes
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

the 15 year old might want to keep the child now, but she is not thinking real life, pre natal care, diapers, food, bottles, clothes, just who does she think is going to go around robbing banks to pay for it  all? you? she got herself into this situation, with a lot of help from the sperm donor, its time to ask her the tough questions..how are you planning on paying for all this? do you have a job? an apartment? just how are you planning on going to school when you have a child at home? are you planning on recruiting me to be your atm for both you and the (potential?) child? are you planning to get your siblings to play unpaid babysitter?lots of tough questions for the 15 year old but if you dont get her to wise up and look at reality, you are going to have the responsibilty of both her and her child,sounds like you got your hands full as it is, and the 15 year old just isnt seeing the forest for the trees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN