Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter's school has whats called Directors workshop.  Its plays written, directed and performed by students.   My dd really wanted to direct but she was not chosen.  She however was asked by one of the directors to be an assistant director.  She accepted for the experience.   However sing is also starting soon and it over laps the DW.  the first 3 reherslas are duing the last reherals of the DW.   She is attempting to find a way to be at sing.  There are 2 Assistant directors for each show so if she skips out on the end of the DW the show will still have another AD.  i however told her she commited to be an Assistant director she has to give it 100% comitment.  I also told her to talk to the directors of Sing and let them know of her prior comitment.  If they are okay with her missing at least part of the first 3 rehersals then fine.  She wants to sign up for Ensamble of Sing so they cann work around her without a problem.

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Sounds like you did the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie-82
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I think you said the right thing

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I think your suggestion was spot-on.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Thanks, I felt like I told her the right thing but her attitude had me 2nd guessing myself.

Renilia
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You are completely right. She made a comitment and has to follow throught 100%. Hopefully she will be able t do both, schools are pretty good about allowing things like that for involved students.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Great advice.Hopes it all works out for her.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Sounds like a solid plan!

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I would say you get the right thing.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I agree with you, but am hoping that she'll find a way to do both.  After all, if she were the director, as she was hoping, she would not be able to skip the rehearsals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN