Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

14 yr old acting out and not sure what to do. Needing advice

Posted by   + Show Post

my 14 yr old daughter is acting out and I am not sure what else to do. She hates the person I am dating even though my other children like him just fine. He has bent over backwards to be nice to her. He hasn't tried to act like a dad to her. All he has done is try to be a friend. Tonight she threw something at him and got up in my 16 yr old daughter's face. Take in mind that my 16 yr old is quiet and isn't the violent type but tonight she almost hit the 14 yr old when the 14 yr old hit her. my 16 yr old was in tears from being so angry with her. I grounded her (the 14 r old) and took her ipod etc away and I have done this before but just not sure what else to do. No bashing please. Just looking for honest advice.

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (11-11):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Maybe you need to set aside some time for just you and her to talk.  Have a heart to heart about why she doesn't like your "friend".  It may be that it isn't him in particular that she doesn't like but the fact of him being in your life.  You may need to set aside some time monthly just for you and her.  If extra time with her doesn't work you may need to get her in counceling.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)