Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

PSAT help

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

my dd got her psat score back today. Shes a sophomore.  perhaps im  just not googling it  right or something but can anyone tell me what an average or a decent grade is. 

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I'm not sure how they score the PSAT nowadays...My DD isn't taking hers until later his year. I know that a perfect score on the SAT is 2400, but I think the PSAT is done differently...Sorry, I'm no help!
kcihldy
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
hmm...wonder if my DD got hers back, too. She took it this year as a Sophomore, too, and we are expecting her results any time. I have no idea how they are scored though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

The school holds ours till the first school week in Jan.I guess they don't want those that could have done better to feel bad during finals.

At least last year you stuck an extra zero to the end of the score to make it equivalent

.Many universities have a gpa/SAT or ACT matrix so you can see where the scores land you in their acceptance ratio.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting drfink:

The school holds ours till the first school week in Jan.I guess they don't want those that could have done better to feel bad during finals.

At least last year you stuck an extra zero to the end of the score to make it equivalent

.Many universities have a gpa/SAT or ACT matrix so you can see where the scores land you in their acceptance ratio.

Thanks  that helps alot.  Shes really happy now

sahlady
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

honestly I NEVER understood the psat scoring.  I had two do it and never got it.  they can take a practice sat test through a study program and get a MUCH better idea where they will score on the actual sat.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting drfink:

Thanks  that helps alot.  Shes really happy now

GOOD !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)