Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

were your teens happy with what they got for Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Ida
  • 42 Replies

or did they complain.

I was on FB and saw friends kids complaining about what a bad Christmas they had. They got so much but were still complaining when some that got very little were happy it just goes to show money can't buy happiness. 

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM
My dd 22 got a $300 car part she wanted 3 months ago. Dd 19 picked out what she wanted. Then they got stocking stuffers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old DS got some of the things he asked for and some things he didn't that I thought he would enjoy.  He was very happy.  He said this is one of the best Christmases ever (though he also said that last year :) ) but it wasn't because of the gifts.  He said it was because we all played Risk (board game) as a family, it snowed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, and we watched some good movies together.

Yup, I have awesome kids.  :)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Yes my kids were happy with what they got. They know that they get what they get and don't throw a fit, lol.

My 20 y/o dd was very surprised by her gift b/c she didn't think we were going to get her what she asked for.

javakitty2011
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM

My oldest was thrilled that i got her tbe top three things on her list

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

No my DD was not happy with her gifts.  She made me cry so that ruined the rest of the day.  She is still complaining about "how unfair" it is that her brother got a Buckle gift card and she didn't.

TatyBear
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My oldest is 11. But we had two teen girls here. And they mostly got clothes and were overly happy with that. My one cousin 15 in a few days, she got the new assassins creed game with action figure. She was.thrilled and couldn't wait to play it. Her sister 12 almost 13 got some crafty things and was thrilled. But they are amazing kids who never complain or ever ungrateful. If they did my aunt would have their asses lol my aunt is a super strict lady but her girls are the most well behaved thoughtful kids I've ever met. They were raised very right. Lol IMO.
TatyBear
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Did you.punish her for her attitude and behavior?

One thing I.can't stand is ungrateful kids.

Quoting CometGirl:

No my DD was not happy with her gifts.  She made me cry so that ruined the rest of the day.  She is still complaining about "how unfair" it is that her brother got a Buckle gift card and she didn't.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine were thrilled!    They were delighted with their gifts, but this year, they were most excited about their gifts to us.   They were so excited and so proud...  it was just beautiful to see.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Yes. My teenager was very happy. He got an expensive pair of headphones, gift cards and a video game.
JTROX
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Mine didn't complain.  Woohoo.  He is usually complaining about something.

He was happy with his stereo system for his truck and many gift cards for places he likes to go eat with friends or between school-practice-work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)