Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly Divorced with two Kids

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello my name is Carrie and I have two wonderful children.  Devin, my son, is 17 years old and my daughter, Megan is 11 years old.  I am recently divorced after 13 years and am now 36 years old starting over.  I live in Arizona and after giving my relationship my all and focusing solely on my ex-husband and children and am excited to start building some friendships and support.  And yes, I am up at 11:00 p.m. typing this as it is my weekend alone and I am wondering what I am going to do with my time and who the heck I am.    

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jamie-82
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Welcome to the group, Carrie.

I'm Jamie, mom of 8 from Ohio. I have a daughter the same age as Devin.

How are you doing after your divorce? How are your children doing? What kind of interests do you all have?

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Welcome to the group. I am nearing the end of teenagers. My girls are 22 and next month my baby will be 20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Welcome to the group Carrie.

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

welcometo the group I hope you enjoy it 

OvrMyHead
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I'm divorced and remarried. I was 37 when my exH left and I had 2 small kids. Looking back I wish that I had given myself a year to just be sad and to heal. Instead I started dating, sold and bought a house and had a serious relationship.

They say to try and not make any big decisions on the first year, it's good advice.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Welcome to the group!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Welcome!    I am the married Mother of two sons, ages 23 & 20.    Do you have hobbies you enjoy?

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Welcome to the group! I used to live in Arizona. Do you live in the Phoenix metro area or somewhere else?

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

First Welcome to the group and I wnt you to know you are not the only one starting over, onlines here on Cafemom will gives you many hours of enjoyment!!

momoftwo291
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Ladies for all of the kind words.  I am glad I am not alone in this.  It feels good to finally be able to open up and talk about issues in my life, good and bad, and have other women relate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)