Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Relationships?

Jamie-82
We are just thrilled to have another grandchild on the way. Baby #3 is due in August.
52 minutes ago
Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is your teen in a relationship? How do you feel about it if they are? Do you like their BF/GF? How long have they been together?

I have 2 teen daughters, both of whom are in relationships.

DD17 and her boyfriend have been together for almost 3 years. We like him very much. They are happy and so we are happy.

DD15 has been in a relationship since August. She is a sophomore and he is a junior though has a birthday at the start of the school year so he is 17 already. We were apprehensive about this initially but he is a great kid and we like him also.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My 14-year-old freshman daughter has her first boyfriend now.  She met him through Youth Group; he lives in another state, but is here visiting now for the second time.  He is 15, a sophomore, and seems like a great kid.  It is a little nerve wracking that he has to stay with us when he visits, but we don't really have a choice and I don't want to create a Romeo and Juliet situation by forbidding them to see each other!  (I have, however, told her she is not allowed to visit him on her own until she is in college).

My 17-year-old junior daughter has been involved in multiple short-term 'relationships' since she was in middle school.  The longest was 6 months, but was quite serious and devastating when it ended.  That was last April and it seems like she isn't really ready for another boyfriend...all the boys she 'likes' are conveniently unavailable.  Hoping it is a good thing for her to be taking a break from all the drama! 

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

DD19 has been with her partner for around 4 years. They got married recently but the law they were married under was repealed, so leagally they aren't married anymore. I still call her my daughter in law though. She's a lovely girl, she lives with us, and has for around 18 months.

DS17 has been in a 'relationship' for oh around a week. She was a friend of his so we know her very well as our sunroom is his group's little hangout spot. She's lovely, it would do her a world of good to come out of her shell a little bit more, but other than that it's all good. We weren't too keen on his ex girlfriend, they were together for about 10 months, gave her the benefit of the doubt but there just wasn't much going on upstairs with that one, she had no aspirations to be educated, which is not a personality trait that I can respect.

DD14 thinks all the boys at school are 'idiots' and is lamenting that opinion.

lilia5
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 teenage daughters, a 17 year old and 14 year old twins.

My 17 year old is currently on a break from her relationship but she and her boyfriend had been dating for 3 years before taking a break. He was very much a part of her family and seemed to love DD dearly. She discovered a little while back that he had been talking with other girls, some innocent messages and some not. She was heartbroken and called an end to their relationship. They reconciled a few weeks later and aren't officially together again, they describe it as being "on a break", but I think they are back together just not wanting to put a stamp on things. We had no reason to dislike him prior to this happening.

DDs 14 are not allowed to date though are very much swooning over their seniors at school.

Amanda-65
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
dd18 is in a relationship and has been with him for 2 years. they have a daughter together and are expecting twins. as much as i love my granddaughter and will love my granddaughters, they are too young. overall i think he is a nice kid. my 16 year old son is not dating. he has had his eye on someone for the past few years but she is not interested. she is a family friend and almost like a sister to my son and like another daughter to me so i would be happy if they started dating. my 18 year old step son is not dating.
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls waited till senior year. Oldest dd had a boyfriend all of senior year who I liked. He broke up with her. She just for out of a 2 year relationship and I am glad. She is 22. Already likes someone else.

Dd 19 turning 20 has had the same boyfriend since Junior prom. Made a long distance relationship work for 2 1/2 years. He is a marine and she is in college. We love him. She spent Christmas at his parents for 10 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old daughter hasn't ever really had a relationship.  We told her that she could have a school boyfriend only for the time being.  My son's first GF was when he was 16, only lasted 3 months.  He started dating his "now" GF in March I think.  He was 19 then, 20 now.  He gave her a promise ring for Christmas, and yes, we love her

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd, 20, has been with her boyfriend for almost 4 years. I like him.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My 20 yr old son has been in a relationship with the same girl for 3 years.   She is a sweet girl, I do like her though she has the ability to drive us, all of us, batty!  She has become like a member of the family......but, I do not see them making it forever, and I hope they don't.  

nanny1918
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I did not allow my two older children now 22 and 27 start dating until they were 17.
The same rule applies for my 14 year old.
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a no dating rule until 16 in our house, so my 15 ds is not yet, not sure if he has his eye on anyone yet.  Dd is 19, started dating a guy this summer,  He lives a few hundred miles from her school, and even further from our house.  I never met him, so not sure if we liek him.  I have to say not crazy about the fact that he is 21, lives at home and only works part timel  He started trade school a few weeks ago, I hope this helps move him along into adulthood!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN