Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen Gets Dream Job After Wowing the President

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 2 Replies

Teen Gets Intel Dream Job After Wowing President Obama With Marshmallows

by Jenny Erikson

Remember the awesome kid that invented a marshmallow cannon and got to show it off to President Obama in the White House? Now 16, Joey Hudy just became the youngest employee ever at Intel Corporation.

The math and science whiz kid was one of about 1,500 interns to be hired by the technology company this year and the only one without a driver’s license. The Corporate Internship Program is usually reserved for college-aged students, but apparently Intel chief Brian Krzanich hired him on the spot upon meeting him last October.

Vaadra Martinez, U.S. Intern Program Manager, said, “We hope to forge a lasting relationship with Joey, and all our interns, as we support their professional development.”

Hudy has Asperger syndrome, which is a high-functioning form of autism, and he absolutely loves building things. He considers himself a “maker” and was recently honored by Brilliant.org as “one of the 10 smartest kids in the world.” Not just America -- in the world.

The teen will officially start work at Intel this summer after classes end. And don’t worry about him dropping out of school just yet -- he has big college plans.

"I'm hoping to go to college if I get accepted," he said. "MIT, I would definitely want to go there."

Something tells me it’s probably not going to be a problem.

What was your biggest accomplishment as a teenager?

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
letstalk747
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM

very cool , i dont think i had any BIG ones

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM

That is cool getting into college

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN