Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My kitchen is falling apart

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Ida
  • 18 Replies

1st the waterheater, then the dishwasher, now the microwave

banging head into wall My boys replaced the water heater because my husband wasn't able because of breathing problems.  My dishwasher part has been on backorder and might take up to 6 more weeks to get.  

My son called and I told him about the microwave making a sound like a smoke alarm and when I looked online found out there were over 182 complaints about this model catching on fire or exploding.  He said take it outside and I will be by later and take you to get a new one I told him I was going to look at the thrift stores and he said no I'm getting you a new one. So I guess that means I will have that taken care of tonight.

I replaced everything in the house all appliances, light fixtures and even had it rewired and outlets replaced in 2009 when I bought it.   I was hoping things would last a little longer but I guess they don't make things like they used to.  

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:28 PM

How frustrating! Especially since you did all that work before.

And how in the world does it take that long for a new part?!

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM

It seems like everyone is needing this part so it had to be back ordered

Quoting wakymom:

How frustrating! Especially since you did all that work before.

And how in the world does it take that long for a new part?!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM

No, they don't make things like they used to. Usually, you have to expect appliances to only last about 5 years now.

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I know they last 1 day longer than the warranty LOL

Quoting Barabell:

No, they don't make things like they used to. Usually, you have to expect appliances to only last about 5 years now.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

They really don't make things like they used to~ nothing is made to last anymore.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

It seems as though everything is made to be disposable anymore.  So frustrating!

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I know the companies don't take pride in their work anymore : (

Quoting mumsy2three:

They really don't make things like they used to~ nothing is made to last anymore.

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

So true companies used to be proud and make things to last now they are more worried about making money

Quoting boys2men2soon:

It seems as though everything is made to be disposable anymore.  So frustrating!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

So true companies used to be proud and make things to last now they are more worried about making money

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Look at furniture today.   It is so cheaply made... yet priced outrageously!   Drives me nuts.     And my DH recently installed kitchen cabinets for some clients.   The cabinets were considered to be high end....yet they were not made well at all.       

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I know that is why I kept the cabinets in this house we just redid them because they are made better than the new ones you can buy now which is a shame

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Look at furniture today.   It is so cheaply made... yet priced outrageously!   Drives me nuts.     And my DH recently installed kitchen cabinets for some clients.   The cabinets were considered to be high end....yet they were not made well at all.       

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)