Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Are you house bound by the weather?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 26 Replies

Are you housebound by the 'Polar Vortex'? 

What are you doing to keep busy and keep from going stir crazy?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM

One of my good friends lives in Wisconsin and is going batty...lol

She says her house is spotless and re-organized. She has done several workout DVD's she forgot she had, watched a lot of TV, baked cupcakes she will never eat because they aren't gluten free and read. Now she is just down right bored and keeps 'AIM'ing' me to talk..lol

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I'm in MN. Schools are closed today, but work is not. So I am at work right now, like any other Monday.

My car wouldn't start this morning, but hubby's truck did. So he took me to work after taking my sister to the airport.
Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM

That is crazy. Schools canceled but you still work. I cannot even imagine how cold it would have to be for a car not to start. Of course, mine moans and groans when it gets too cold here too. Although, Im thinking Texas cold is nothing compared to MN cold. 

Quoting Barabell: I'm in MN. Schools are closed today, but work is not. So I am at work right now, like any other Monday.

My car wouldn't start this morning, but hubby's truck did. So he took me to work after taking my sister to the airport.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Nope not here in Seattle. It was in the upper 20's overnight but we've finally hit 30.

I'm worried about the lack of snow because we don't have enough in the mountains to even open the ski runs. Which will make a water shortage over the summer. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM
No, I went out. My car said -16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Base temp, it's been colder here. The issue is the wind. Inside the vehicle isn't too bad. We don't use our garage for cars, so our cars were exposed to the wind. If we had a 3 car garage, starting the cars might not have been an issue.

Quoting Reina13:

That is crazy. Schools canceled but you still work. I cannot even imagine how cold it would have to be for a car not to start. Of course, mine moans and groans when it gets too cold here too. Although, Im thinking Texas cold is nothing compared to MN cold. 

Quoting Barabell: I'm in MN. Schools are closed today, but work is not. So I am at work right now, like any other Monday.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Yep, we're stuck at inside at home. There are all sorts of things I could be/should be doing, but instead I've been playing on FB, reading and watching tv w/ the kids : )  We couldn't go anywhere even if we wanted to- most counties around here are under a travel warning, essential emergency personnel only, and getting in and out of our neighborhood is next to impossible (we have a few dr's and nurses who had to go in or get home this morning and got stuck at the entrance- dh helped pull one of them out).

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We have -37 with the windchill today. Yes, I said -37 not 37. Cars won't start that are sitting outside at someones work place. The car shops are having a hay-day making mounds of money.  They closed schools.  First time in decades they said!! My dh is home also our teen so we have been eating, reading, watching tv, doing laundry.  Same ol' same ol but think we should make it a special day, but as time flies it's almost the end of the day...  lol It is too close to just having Christmas break.  If it would have been a few weeks later would have been different!!!!

Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM

OMG, I honestly cannot even begin to comprehend how -37 feels. That is insane.

Quoting cat4458:

We have -37 with the windchill today. Yes, I said -37 not 37. Cars won't start that are sitting outside at someones work place. The car shops are having a hay-day making mounds of money.  They closed schools.  First time in decades they said!! My dh is home also our teen so we have been eating, reading, watching tv, doing laundry.  Same ol' same ol but think we should make it a special day, but as time flies it's almost the end of the day...  lol It is too close to just having Christmas break.  If it would have been a few weeks later would have been different!!!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Not yet~ it's been very cold but tomorrow is our first wind chill advisory. It's supposed to feel like 15 to 25 below zero. If we have off or are delayed I will be staying in~ for sure :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)