Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Drugs at home

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM
  • 15 Replies
I just found marihuana inside my 18 year old daughters room!!! I thinking she and her boyfriend are selling!! What do I do?! I plan on confronting them but what do I do after that?! Should I kick her out? I've caught her smoking before so we have history. Help me please!
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wagners7
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Since there is a history, did you tell her what the consequence would be if it happened again?  You need to follow through with whatever you told her would be the punishment if you caught her again.  She is of age to be on her own.  It would be hard to throw your own child out but she can not continue to break the law under your roof.  I'm sorry that you are facing this.  Maybe some other CM members will have experiences to share that will help with your decision.  Good Luck.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Selling drugs can get you a lot of jail time. I would say go to rehab and drug awareness or I would call the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FirstTimeMama21
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM
How do you know she is selling it?
SecretMom9
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I just have a feeling. She has never had a lot of friends. Now all of a sudden she gets invited to parties by girls I have never heard her mention before. PLUS my other child told me that she "is well known" Her boyfriend has a lot to do
with it. An 18 year old is not going to listen to me. I don't think she's going to be allowed to be punished at home.

Quoting FirstTimeMama21: How do you know she is selling it?
Decemberlov
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
you should smoke it preferably where she can catch you lol

sorry I dont know
SecretMom9
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Yes i have talked to her so many times about consequences. She just doesn't care.

Quoting wagners7:

Since there is a history, did you tell her what the consequence would be if it happened again?  You need to follow through with whatever you told her would be the punishment if you caught her again.  She is of age to be on her own.  It would be hard to throw your own child out but she can not continue to break the law under your roof.  I'm sorry that you are facing this.  Maybe some other CM members will have experiences to share that will help with your decision.  Good Luck.  

Decemberlov
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to her openly and calmly and let her know how you feel and what the rules are in your home. she can follow them or find a place of her own.
SecretMom9
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I've done that so many times.
wagners7
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

This...

Quoting Decemberlov: I would talk to her openly and calmly and let her know how you feel and what the rules are in your home. she can follow them or find a place of her own.

SecretMom9
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I am even thinking about making arrangements to have her "arrested" and taken to jail for a few hours. I know people who can help with that....a cop and someone at the jail.

Shall I confront the boyfriends mom? She n I have talked before. There is good communication between us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)