Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

sexually active daughter

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

my daughter has been having sex so much lately but shes only 13 i have no idea what to do! nothing i do to punish her or try to get her to stop is working.  i have been getting calls from school about her skipping class now and ive caughter her taking pregnancy tests!! im so worried about her what should i do?

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this
She is 13? Get she and yourself into counseling ASAP something is going on at least emotionally this is NOT normal behavior or at all healthy behavior for a 13 year old. Secondly have her supervised at ALL times. If she's having sex or cutting school have yourself, grandma, her aunt your best friend anyone help her. If you have to work and she's cutting classes and having sex, bring her to work with you, call a crisis line, get an appt with a crisis counselor tomorrow and figure out a plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmen66
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:50 AM

omg, wth is wrong with her. She needs an eye opener, take her to teen mothers counseling and let her see what young  mothers are going throught. Also, show her and take her to places where teens talk about pregnancy, stds, and all kinds of dangers amongst teenagers that are sexually active. I hope she is protecting herself. Have you asked her why she is doing this? Is it peer pressure, wanting to be part of a crowd or trying to impress a boy. Let her know that her life is worth more then a night of pleasure, 9 months of pain and a lifetime of commitment. Good luck and I hope she opens up her eyes.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Get her in counseling. She sounds completely out of control. Your name says youngmom. Were you a teen mom???? Sadly if you were she may continue the cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookdragon
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Make an appointment with an OB/GYN & see if birth control is something the doctor suggests. If she's going to do it anyway no matter how you react then protect her as best as you can. Having a baby at 14 could ruin her life but if she's making the choice to have sex then she will have to also make the choice to raise a baby. The one thing I told my girls was that if they got pregnant & kept the baby I'd babysit but the baby was financially & physically thier responsiblity. That they would have to do all the things I do for them for their baby. Keeping her safe is your responsibility so I would suggest taking her to the doctor & see what they say.

wagners7
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM

She needs both to be seen by her doctor and deal with the immediate issue of std's and birth control.  You will need to have her supervised better to limit the opportunities.  You will need to get to the bottom of her behavior, whether she will talk to you or a counselor, but she needs to talk to someone.  I think you need to find out who she is having sex with and maybe talk to their parents as well.  Get the school on board with them calling you immediately if she is missing from a class not just the nightly call when it's too late to do anything about it.  Good Luck.

mirajane81
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:37 PM

When I was 12, I lost my virginity. Back then, I didn't care. I am sure she doesn't care either. I wish I could he a help in this situation. I do not know what to tell you. Wish I could say it gets better, but it sometimes doesn't. I had my 1st child at 18, then stopped having sex till I met my now ex husband and had 2 more kids at 25 and 26. All I can suggest is try to put her in counseling maybe? Sorry I am not of any help.

Devious103102
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Get her into the OBGYN and get her put on birth control then make sure YOU give it to her/make sure she takes it, AND have her tested for STD's (better safe than sorry).  I'd also take her to school personally and have her sign a slip from each teacher/class.

owlfeather919
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Yes everything she said. Therapy, asap. Some underlying issue is going on. This is not healthy behavior.That is the first step. And yes supervised at all times!!! I know I am repeating but the person who posted is right. This is very concerning behavior, as you know. I hope things get better Mamma.

Quoting bizzeemom2717: She is 13? Get she and yourself into counseling ASAP something is going on at least emotionally this is NOT normal behavior or at all healthy behavior for a 13 year old. Secondly have her supervised at ALL times. If she's having sex or cutting school have yourself, grandma, her aunt your best friend anyone help her. If you have to work and she's cutting classes and having sex, bring her to work with you, call a crisis line, get an appt with a crisis counselor tomorrow and figure out a plan.
LaDulceVida
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Wow I still played with my Barbies at 13. Take her to The Steve Wilkos show. Give me sonething to watch. Good luck to you and with her. Yikes, that's scary.
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Get her to a GYN and put her on the pill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)