Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Possible sweet 16 idea

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

I've got a ways to go still her b-day is not until Nov but i need to start thinking now.  She wants a party with a whodunit theme.   She wants me to create a murder/mystery.   HOW the Fudge do i do that?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM

In this case, Google is your friend! I googled "muder-mystery party" and got some promising sounding options.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Sounds fun.

One of mine had a luau party with a friend.
Other one had a Kentucky Derby party.
Both were at home with 25 or less kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM

My daughter's 8th grade science class had a forensic section and the teacher created crime scenes that they had to investigate.   Maybe you could do something like that.

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/dunnit-birthday-parties-teenagers-9570.html

http://www.mymysteryparty.com/domypate1.html

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Great minds think alike ...my suggestion also ; )

There used to be a box you could buy.Maybe you still can and expand with the game.We were part of a dinner club for years till several transfers and divorces kind of changed it .Years ago around my husbands bday I chose to host it and ordered one of these mystery game boxes.My husband didn't know so when our friends showed up slightly costumed it was great.It was a blast of a party.A lot of fun.

Have fun.

Quoting wakymom:

In this case, Google is your friend! I googled "muder-mystery party" and got some promising sounding options.

Devious103102
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I think that'd be great! Pick a theme for the murder mystery (like "Not so Sweet 16!" and make out cards for the same amount of people who will attend (15 kids, 15 cards) to hand out when they arrive. Each card can have different things on it, like their personality, if they live/die, etc, and ONE of those cards could say "murderer". Only the person would see their own card so no one would know who's who and would have to take guesses. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM

What a fun idea!!!   I agree with the others.,.. Google!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN