Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sad to see him go....again

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son went back to school yesterday. It was great having him home for the holidays. It was like he hadn't been gone at all. We all just fell right back into the same routine we had before he went off to college.

Him packing up yesterday and then driving off got me teary eyed...lol
It was almost like when he left in the fall. I know he is only a few hours away, but still. Sigh, time to start letting go.   

Anyone elses kiddos head back to school this weekend?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM

my daughter will be leaving on the 19th i know im gonna miss having her around.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM

No, my son is only in 8th grade. But I am sitting here looking at colleges he may like and thought of that very thing. Thinking of seeing him go, I am making myself worked up! Do you keep in touch while he's gone. Before cell phones, my mom would call once a week on sundays on the payphone in the dorm!.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

My 19 yr old is in the Navy. He came home for a 6 days at Christmas. I will tell you that when he left again, it was as hard as it was when he first went to bootcamp.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:42 PM

My dd left yesterday too.  I gotta text later and see how classes went today.  I am never teary eyed though.  I am happy for her.  Won't see her till Easter though so a long time really.  Then 2 weeks later pick her up for the summer.  My dd is 7 hours away. 

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM

My daughter left Friday.I miss her.Though with her now attending college just a few hours away it is much easier than 16 hours away.

I will be seeing her often till spring break.My oldest son is getting married March 8th and she is one of the bridesmaids.They live about 3 hours from here and my daughter and I will be meeting there for a shower and we all will be meeting for a couples party a different weekend.

She mentioned moving back home for maybe a year after she graduates this summer.She wants to save some money.I am excited and happy to have her live at home one last time before she flies the nest for good.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Mine lives at home, but classes started last week.    Of course, he is sick and has already missed two days.

laura-l-hutton
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:14 AM

My step son goes back this Sunday. I dread it. I bawled like a baby when he left in fall and each time he left after a visit. I am so thankful that he is only two and a half hours away but for as often as he comes home it could be seven hours. It is hard to see them grow up and leave the nest but I am so proud of him. My daughter turns 17 today. I am going to be an even bigger mess when it is her turn, she is my only girl. And then my youngest son is right behind her (seventeen months). I look forward to seeing them start their lives but get all weepy every time I think about it.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Yes I did. It was like sending the, off for the 1st time~ very emotional. Hugs mama.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM
My DD started her first semester of community college yesterday. She's living at home.
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM
My dd went back yesterday. She is a sophomore. It doesn't bother me when she leaves since I know she'll be back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)