Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

would you trust your teen with....

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

your signature?

My son needed something signed today and we had to coordinate when and where we would meet up for me to sign this paper so he could get it in on time.  Oh how I wished I could hand him a signature for him to hold on to for just this sort of situation..... kind of like when your mom would give you money for the pay phone just in case you needed it.

So if you were able to give your child your signature so that he/she could use it when needed.... woudl you trust them to use it properly?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khanfan
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:02 PM

No way!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Yes, I would.  Mine are older, but I would have trusted them as teens.  

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Yes. At this point none of my kids has ever done anything to betray my trust. I know their personalities well and don't think any of them could follow through even if they thought of it.
They have to much of my goody two shoes blood
momoftwo1980
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If they kept me informed on what they used it for than sure. As long as I dont receive some random pone call about something I signed and have no clue about it.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM

To be honest mine is pretty easy to forge anyway, so even if I didn't trust them, tough luck to me I guess.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 17, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I'd trust my 20 y/o with it.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM

No way.  I see my kids everyday and have taught them if you wait until the last minute, you take the chance of not getting it.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Nope. Only b/c he is like me in so many ways, and sweet little me forged my mom's signature a few times when I forgot to have her sign something. Back then, and probably even now, most people who knew/know me a little would not expect that of me.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM

My teens Yes, I probably would.  For my son the only thing that would need my signature is permission slips that I would sign anyway and absent notes.  If he's absent  I'll know about it anyway so it  wouldnt matter.  My dd could forge my signature anyway so it wouldnt matter. But again nothing i would have to sign would matter.  My 11 year old maybe not. there is still to many things that she could use it for.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Yes, I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN