Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Positive Teen Comments

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Post a positive comment about your teen. We so often forget to praise our teens on here. Here's your chance.

My 17yo is doing great. He is doing everything he needs to do to get into college. Much to my surprise, he signed up for honors Physics rather than take the easy road. He is a handsome, popular, and a well-rounded kid. He is Chic Geek!

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Since DD19 has been on holidays from uni (finished in October, she goes back in March) she has been working full time + overtime and I am really impressed with her work ethic. I am sure there are many other things she would love to be doing on a Saturday night that does not involve making desserts in a restaurant, but she does it without complaining (to me at least).

DS17 got his books for the upcoming school year (starts on the 29th Jan)  this morning and he went straight into his pre-reading for English and Classical Studies, he needs to have Cloudstreet and The History of The Peloponnesian War read by the date he starts back and neither are light reading but looking at him now he seems to be almost half way through Cloudstreet. I have to admit, he is always right on top of his school work.

DD14 has been drawing a lot lately, which caught me by surprise. She was never much of a drawer but she seems to have discovered some talent there. She's getting really good at it, she's particularly good at drawing animals.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I have nothing but positive things to say about my 14 year old daughter.  She's sweet, intelligent.  She loves to smile, make others smile :)

Debmomto2girls
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old daughter is amazing.  I make sure to tell her everyday. She is motivated, smart, caring and loving.  She is a straight A student, voluenteers and is a great big sister.

My 12 year old (almost 13) is amazing also. I make sure to tell her that every day. SHe is smart, caring, kind, motivated and very, very funny.  She gets stright A's in school and we call her Dr. Doolittle.  She has never met an animal she hasn't begged me to take home.

I love my girls and am always proud,

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My 17 year old is a social butterfly and incredibly caring and sympathetic toward others.  One of her friends screwed up royally but she is sticking by him; I saw last night another friend asked via text how she can still be friends with him after what he did, and she said 'I can't be that friend who just walks away when someone makes a mistake, but I will not invite him to hang out with us when you're there if that makes you feel better.' She always seems to find a way to keep everyone happy.  She volunteers a TON and absolutely loves it, serves on the board of her youth group, has a 4.0 GPA, is in National Honor Society, and is about to start a part-time job next month.

My 14-year-old is also very sensitive and caring and is wonderful to her little sister.  She is incredibly intelligent--in the Gifted/Talented program--and is an amazing singer.  She has a gift for languages and can read and speak Hebrew and is doing extremely well in her first of Spanish.  She is a wonderful friend and works very hard to make sure no one ever feels slighted or left out.  She also volunteers a lot and is on the board of her local youth group, with a goal of serving on the regional or national board by the time she is a Senior. 

This post is suposed to be about teens but I have to put in a plug for my precocious, adorable 9-year-old, who worships her older sisters!

All my girls are amazing and I am blessed to be their mom.

tcallisto
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS is 15, and I am on bed rest with boy #4. My husband travels, so ds has been doing everything. From supper, cleaning to bath time and homework with his others siblings. I'm so proud of him for being so selfless during this,  

No complaining either, and we are in day 15  :-) 

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My 20 year old made the Dean's list at college last semester and has an mini-interniship in his area for the spring term.

My 18 year old is a true blessing to have at home this year.  She is attending the community college and getting great grades.  She is her little sister's personal chauffer and does laundry.

My 14 year old is doing well in school and managing her time between school, homework, music lessons, school clubs, and sports teams very well.  Her homework is usually done by the time I get home.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds1 was voted to be one of the Scout Quartermasters for this semester in his Boy Scout troop.

He does a great job watching his siblings so dh and I can go out occasionally.

He's got a heart of gold.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My son was accepted to his top 2 choices for Catholic HS. I told him in advance he was no longer going to Catholic school after 8th grade, but the testing was required/automatic since he is currently enrolled. It was a great feeling for us both when he received his acceptance letters.
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM
We have awesome kids ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
JessicaR7
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a great post.  To be honest, my 18 year old daughter has made some choices that I am not happy with at all.  She is strong-willed and rebellious.  If she wants something she becomes hyper focused and won't stop until she gets exactly what she wants.  I know most parents prefer children who are compliant and I know my life would be much easier if that were the case with my daughter.  She is fearless and smart.  She talks to me openly about sex and drugs and while there are times it hurts my heart to hear certain things I am grateful she is talking to me about that stuff.  Sometimes she lies to get her way but eventually she comes clean and tells me the truth.  When she messes up, she knows it and accepts her consequence without complaining.  She takes us for granted a lot but sometimes writes us (or types us) a letter letting us know how much she appreciate and loves us.  She has struggled with depression and various diagnosis and will tell me that she is glad I am her mom because she believes I am the only one who could have helped her with her struggles.  She thinks of her little brother, she treats him to dinner, snacks, toys, etc. and is sweet to him.  She works as a waitress and I feel that serving others is a humbling experience for her.  We went to her restaurant this weekend and requested her as our waitress.  I was really proud of the person I see her becoming.  She will continue to screw up, I can almost guarantee it, but she is my daughter and I absolutely love her spirit.

I do have an 11 year old son as well and he is your typical straight A student, he is a people pleaser, and he is very compassionate of others.  He can sense when things are off with me and is the first to sit with me and watch a marathon or binge tv as I call it. He has a very nice singing voice and he is just a sweetheart.

My kids are polar opposites in many ways but also alike at the same time.  It's hard to describe.  Regardless of their achievements or mistakes, I love them both very much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)