Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How Many Teenagers Currently "Hate" You?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:34 PM
  • 19 Replies

5 Reasons Wendy Williams Shouldn't Worry About Her 13-Year-Old 'Hating' Her

by Rebecca Stokes

wendy williamsWendy Williams isn't afraid to say what's on her mind, good, bad, or ugly. She has her big ol' fans and people who can't stand her -- but everybody knows who she is and how she operates. That's how she made a name for herself, and it's also why her T.V. chat show is so successful.

But this time, it was personal. When Wendy got real on a recent episode of the show, it struck a chord any parent to a teenager could understand. Wendy wept on-air (and continued to do so afterwards backstage) when discussing her relationship with her 13-year-old son, Kevin.

Wendy was introducing a segment about Madonna and her relationship with her own 13-year-old, Rocco. Here's where Wendy mentioned Kevin and got teary. No, there's been no major trauma or falling out -- Kevin's just 13. He prefers spending time with his dad, Wendy says, and has no time for mama. Dry those eyes, Wendy Williams! You're excellent and amazing, and here are 5 reasons you shouldn't lose any sleep over your teen's "hatred" of you.

1.) They Hate Everything

I am pretty sure if you put a cute fluffy bunny in a 13-year-old's lap, they would slap it and frown. They hate everything. Even their mom. And especially fluffy bunnies. Know you aren't alone, WW!

2.) We Don't Know What Rocco Thinks of Madonna

Oh sure, Madonna's Instagram makes it seems like she and Rocco are close little homies, but we don't ACTUALLY know how Rocco feels about his mom. The inside scoop is probably way different than it appears from the outside. I mean, I'm embarrassed by Madonna and she isn't even my mom.

3.) 'Hating You' Means You're Doing Something Right

There is being a friend and being a parent. It's hard to hate your friends -- hating your parents? That's a cake-walk. After all, someone's got to be the bad guy who enforces things like doing homework, a curfew, and eating something other than Cheeto dust. Being 'hated' is part of being a good mom.

4.) You Have Your Own T.V. Show

He might not realize it now -- but you are AWESOME! Look at your career! YOU ARE ON T.V.! He might roll his eyes now, but I guarantee you that your demonstration of success not only impresses him but will inspire him to greater heights in his own life. Woman, you are an inspiration!

5.) It Doesn't Last Forever

He won't be a teenager forever. Remember how quickly his journey from infant to toddler was and then to little man almost grown? How it just sped by? It's still going -- it's just that time moves differently in the teen years. You know what they say: It flies when you're having fun. Grit your teeth and get through it -- know that you've got loads of other moms in the same boat, waiting for the teen years to pass by!

How many teenagers currently hate you?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM

At this moment none.We had a fun day off from school yesterday and friends were included.They are at school still so ya never know LOL.

If they do they will get over it .It just means I was being a MOM....

DisabledVet
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

If they don't hate you you're doing something wrong. Kids don't need more friends they need parents.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM
None now. No longer have a teenager!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM

None at the moment but my pre teen wasn't too happy with me earlier today.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:44 PM

At the moment none but I did eat the last of the greek yoghurt just now so when DD14 wakes up I am sure I will be hated.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
I love this post!
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I never would have imagined Wendy Williams would be in tears because her teenage son "hates" her.
Currently no teenagers "hate" me.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine have not come home from school yet but I am sure at least one of them will hate me before the night is over, lol.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM

My 17-year-old just recently started hating me intermittently.  Right now she seems okay with me...a couple of weeks ago, not so much.  We found out she'd been lying to us about some things...nothing really bad, just some little things here and there that she thought we wouldn't approve of so she conveniently ommitted the information.  I think that was making her feel guilty which was coming out as hostility toward me.  When dh and I found out we discussed it calmly and let her know our expectations and now she seems much better.  I guess I just have to take it as it comes.  She's hormonal and stressed about school and college, so she's all over the place. It's always good to know I'm not alone!

Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM
My teen doesn't hate me just yet. He just turned 13 in late November, so I'll give it a little more time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN