Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever heard of this before...email to all parents from principle

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

Yesterday our principle emailed all parents in the school.She said last Fri . someone saw two teens getting in the trunk of a car in a parking lot kind of close to our H.S. The person wrote the plated down and reported it to the police as a possible abduction.Our police responded immediately.It was a kid sneaking two kids back that didn't have off campus privileges .They had also left via trunk..

It is wonderful that adult had such concern.

Our principle also included that trunks are designed to crumple and absorb shock to protect the passenger compartment.So that a rear end accident that could be nothing serious could become fatal.She asked us to talk to our kids about the risks involved with kids in a trunk.They will have more staff in our parking lot at lunch.We have all school lunch at one time.

We did talk to ours.I had never thought of this before.I do remind mine that rushing back to school and getting a ticket or having a fender bender...I have seen that myself....would result in loss of driving for a month.Tardy back to school the first time equals loss of open campus for two weeks.They should take the tardy ...be smart.Out of three so far only one tardy.The school contacts the parents with each off campus tardy.

Have you heard of this before or I'm I just clueless ?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KW1280
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM
We received an email about car surfing. Kids would stand on the roof of the car while someone is driving the car. The principal had letters mailed to parents about the dangers of car surfing.
mjande4
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

The princiPAL emailed you and yes.  

DisabledVet
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Nothing surprises me about kids. We did it way back in the 60's. Of course cars were quite different then.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM
We have no off campus privledges. We got emails about deaths of students and things of that sort. An email needed to go out about that behavior so parents were aware kids were sneaking off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Same but with train surfing. Same deal, on top of a train. One of the kids who went to the all boys school in our area died doing that which sparked the letters to go home at all the high schools in the region. 

Quoting KW1280: We received an email about car surfing. Kids would stand on the roof of the car while someone is driving the car. The principal had letters mailed to parents about the dangers of car surfing.

KW1280
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Oh goodness!!!!!! I have seen a homeless man hit by a train, the kids think they are unbreakable

Quoting cybcm:

Same but with train surfing. Same deal, on top of a train. One of the kids who went to the all boys school in our area died doing that which sparked the letters to go home at all the high schools in the region. 

Quoting KW1280: We received an email about car surfing. Kids would stand on the roof of the car while someone is driving the car. The principal had letters mailed to parents about the dangers of car surfing.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM
No, but I wasn't allowed to leave campus when in high school, and my son isn't in high school yet.
tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
My sons principal emails parents about all kinds of information about and for teens.

I received an email from the principal that he took my "knucklehead" out for lunch because he hadn't talked to my son in a long time and missed the conversations. This was after my aunt died in October and my son was having a hard time.

Love that my sons school only has 440 kids. And such an amazing principal.
drfink
by Emily on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Quoting mjande4:

The princiPAL emailed you and yes.  

that's what I get for typing fast ,using spell check and not paying attention .....ummmm a  fail at multi-tasking LOL 

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Quoting tyfry7496: My sons principal emails parents about all kinds of information about and for teens.

I received an email from the principal that he took my "knucklehead" out for lunch because he hadn't talked to my son in a long time and missed the conversations. This was after my aunt died in October and my son was having a hard time.

Love that my sons school only has 440 kids. And such an amazing principal.

Our school  emails also but I had not thought to tell mine not to put anyone in a trunk or get into a trunk.Fortunately they hadn't either !!!

I appreciate our principal started the reasons why this is a bad idea with the danger factor.Then she went on to consequences for breaking the rules.The three boys ,two have been in school with my jr since K ,are normally pretty good kids.Active ,make good grades but became idiots for a bit.They are in ISS for a week.The school tries not to send our kids to the alternate school for even short term.Some kids that have major issues are there.They also lost off campus for this school year.To earn it for next year they have to do 100 hours each of community service ,approved by the principal.

All the parents were very mad at their kids and also gave consequences.

Oh my gosh ,The boy that was driving had his house searched...terrified his mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)