Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

~1/23 Handwriting Day~

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

National Handwriting Day

When : Always January 23rd

National Handwriting Day is an opportunity to reintroduce yourself to a pen or pencil and a piece of paper. In this day of computers, more and more information, notes, and letters are sent back and forth via a keyboard and cyberspace.

According to the Writing Instrument Manufacturers Association (WIMA) website "The purpose of National Handwriting Day is to alert the public to the importance of handwriting. According to WIMA, National Handwriting Day is a chance for all of us to re-explore the purity and power of handwriting."

Some of the available documentation we read, suggests concern by stationary, paper companies, and pen and pencil manufacturers that the electronic world will shrink demand for their products. But, indeed, statistics show that pen(or pencil) and paper are alive and well, with a growing demand.

Participate in National Handwriting Day by writing a note or letter to someone. Love letters are cool. Notes to people who are ill or incapacitated will be well received.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/January/handwritingday.htm

What are some things you still hand write?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Most things I guess

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

A lot of things, actually. It helps me remember things better. The grocery list gets handwritten. On those very rare occasions I write a note/letter to someone, it's handwritten. I hand sign all 70+ Christmas cards, and hand address the envelopes. To help ds1 study his Spanish vocab, I hand wrote a matching "worksheet" for him last night. I'm cookie mom for dd's Girl Scout troop, and while everything gets entered into a program online, I also keep my own hand written lists- just in case the system crashes.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Taking notes during class, although it makes me feel old because most of my fellow college students type theirs. When we're going on a trip I write down the list of things to pack so I can easily cross them off while packing. And little reminder notes to my kids.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

If I was going to type anything lengthy I would more than likely write it on paper before typing it (except short emails), I write in my journal and on Sundays taking notes for church service. I sometimes make a grocery list and I still write letters to people who do not live close.

I

suesues
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:59 AM

as much as I can someone should bring back the art of writting in schools kids dont know how to write in script and they dont even teach it here in ny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)