Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Ok this is SERIOUS--teen drinking

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:48 PM
  • 16 Replies
If you knew your kids friends mother had a party and provided alcohol for 15, 16, 17 & 18 year olds would you say something or keep quite?? Note one of the 15 year olds that got really drunk parents are very strict and would never allow this.
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khanfan
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Very serious!  I hope that I would have the guts to confront her, hopefully along with some other parents.

My dh knew a family that did that in high school, my sister had gone to one of their parties.  DH took me to at least one before I married him.  After we got married we went to several. That was the '80's. I remember thinking it was okay, up until I had teens or I got saved, one or the other. 

Today, I would never serve an under aged person alcohol.  So, I think I would I would put my neck out there.

JodyLane555
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely say something to someone, not sure who though, this is REALLY BAD!

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would raise an eyebrow but wouldn't kick up a fuss, but then 18 is legal age here. It's down to my kids to monitor how much alcohol they drink, so far none of them have been stupid enough to drink themselves into oblivion just because it was there. But then alcohol is a very normal thing to them so I guess it's not a novelty.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids would never go there again or associate with them. We had 3 kids die here driving double the limit when alcohol was provided by parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would say something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would its illegal and puts kids lives in danger. We just had 2 teens die here due to drinking and driving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

If my kids were there I would blast her and tell all parents to do so too

tcallisto
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a group of kids here that all hang out, and one parent allows it. I avoid my son going there, but haven't said anything to the parent. She knows how I feel. I have noticed other parents have also stopped allowing their kids to go over there. I think in our case, actions speak louder than words.
Carmen66
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I would beat her ass for allowing kids to drink at her house. I would call the cops and let them know.

itsy1
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
This is probably how I would handle this. However, if given the chance I'd also talk to the parent.

Of course I my oldest is only 13. I might be much more confrontational when I am actually in the situation.

Quoting tcallisto: We have a group of kids here that all hang out, and one parent allows it. I avoid my son going there, but haven't said anything to the parent. She knows how I feel. I have noticed other parents have also stopped allowing their kids to go over there. I think in our case, actions speak louder than words.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN