Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Just accept his help!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

Both my teens are HS sophomores.  My dd has always been the kid to keep her grades pefect. She works really hard to do so and she keeps up with all of her other activities.   The one class she absolutley hates is History.  She just hates it with a passion so of course its the class that gives a ton of HW  My son not always been known to get awesome grades and has needed his sisters help many many times  especially in math. However HIstory he beyond excells at. She's in a regular global history class this year and my son is in honors.  the boy is a walking talking history book. If you have a question about history he can answer it off the top of his head with accuarte and much more detailed info that you will get from a history book or even a google search.   Last  night she was sitting down to do some history  hw that she put it off as long as she could.  I told  her  to just ask her brother for help.  He will break it all down and explain it better than her teacher would and she would actually learn the material.  Each HW question requires at least a 1 page response.  THe passage in the text book is about a parahraph long. she wasted almost 2 hours before accepting the boys help. I just don't get it.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
1kidmomajm
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Sounds like they can help each other in different subjects. Your dd seems to just have a lack of confidence and finally realized, she should accept the help. Its something about memorizing dates and wars and stuff, alot of girls just don't click with that info.  Let the two of them work out a deal to help each other.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Pride and logic don't always go hand in hand.

Honestly, I'd leave her be, if she wants to struggle through it on her own merit then all the power to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN