Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Appropriate bedtime curfew for a 15 year old boy

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 32 Replies

What is an appropiate bedtime curfew for a 15 year old boy (9th grade) on the weekend? He will stay up until 2am playing xbox live on the weekend and then sleep until 1pm. That is unacceptable to me so I'm wondering if midnight is reasonable for a curfew to get off the xbox live and go to bed. Thanks for your feedback!

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Missi
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:46 AM
That's what time my 15 year old son goes to bed on the weekends.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM

My kids have no bedtime especialy on the weekend. As long as their chores and homework are complete I dont care.   My son is not allowed on the xbox during the week  So if he wants to stay up late friday and saturday i dont mind. However by his own choice he's usually asleep by 12 or 1am on the weekends.

With that said-  Whatever bedtime you decide on is the right one.  at 15 I had to be home in he house by midnight on weeekends during the school year.  Summr time i had a lil bit later of a curfew.  Outside my house hanging with friends playing ball was our equivelent to xbox live  lol

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I never cared on weekends.  If they wanted to sleep late -  so be it.  Not a battle worth fighting.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM
On weekends let him stay up for as late as he wants, WITH the condition that he is out of bed by 10am. That alone should make tired enough to go to bed earlier, and you can cut down his "bedtime" to earlier if he doesn't obey. Personally I make my kids stop playing electronics an hour before bedtime to help them wind down. They can read, draw, listen to QUIET music or watch whatever DH and I have on, but that's it. It helps calm them down.
zoo003
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM

My 15 year old dd has a bedtime of 11 on the weekend.  However, she is a rare one and frequently puts herself to bed much earlier (around 9).  My 13 year old has a weekend bedtime of 10 and my 11 year old has a weekend bedtime of 9.  Honestly, I would not be OK with my child staying in bed until 1pm.  However, each to their own though.   

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I never cared on weekends.  If they wanted to sleep late -  so be it.  Not a battle worth fighting.

Agree .If they have tournaments they go to bed much earlier on their own.

Three out of four have a hard time staying awake past 1 anyway.

Jillysmom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM
love you avatar

Quoting Msgme:

My kids have no bedtime especialy on the weekend. As long as their chores and homework are complete I dont care.   My son is not allowed on the xbox during the week  So if he wants to stay up late friday and saturday i dont mind. However by his own choice he's usually asleep by 12 or 1am on the weekends.

With that said-  Whatever bedtime you decide on is the right one.  at 15 I had to be home in he house by midnight on weeekends during the school year.  Summr time i had a lil bit later of a curfew.  Outside my house hanging with friends playing ball was our equivelent to xbox live  lol

Jillysmom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:17 PM
My 14yr old dd stays up late on the weekends playing on the computer or Xbox also. But I'll generally wake her up by noon
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old has a bedtime of 10:30 on weekends. I have our internet set up so the game systems and his laptop can't get online after that time. If he wants to stay up later reading a book he can.

Renilia
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

My 14 year old has a bedtime of 9:30pm on weekdays and 10:30pm on weekends.

Depending on if she has been behaving she can stay up till 11:30pm if she is just reading quietly in bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN