Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Can your teen drive

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Ida
  • 24 Replies

in the snow.

It is snowing here and teens are getting their 1st tast of driving in the snow since 2010 because they closed schools and sent them home.

There are wrecks everywhere the biggest one reported is 17 cars so far

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM
My 20 yo isn't good. 22 yo can drive well. She has snow tires. I always drove in the snow from 16 on. Something I just learned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM

The problem here is we don't get it very often so it is hard to learn to drive in it

KawfeeKathy63
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM

My 16 yr old has her license but she doesn't like driving unless she has to.  With the snow and cold we have now she makes her bf drive her everywhere. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:10 PM

My 23 yr old can.  I am often amazed at what a truly good driver he is!    My 20 yr old has only driven in snow one time, and that was a month ago.   He does have a 4x4.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Ds is learning this year, so if it is too bad, we don't  let him drive if it is too bad.  Dd, is away at school, she has been driving for a few years. and living in the the Chicago area, they have to know how to drive in snow.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM

We don't get snow very often. it snowed when my oldest was learning, so she drove then but it's been about 2 years since we have had any decent snowfall here.

We most just get black ice, they know how to drive on that.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Ds1 isn't old enough yet, but we've talked about what we're doing, little coreections we're making, etc, as we've driven around in it, so he knows to expect it to be different.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

My youngest - not really.  It never really snowed here after she got her license (she's 19).  No snow at all last year, and only a few hours this year.

My middle one, yes.  Older two kids as well.

disneymom2two
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:20 AM

No, he's going for drivers ed over April vacation and this his permit this summer.  He's not eligible for his license until next January.

moniagee
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:23 AM
No, but only because they are not old enough (13 and 14), but they will. Learning to drive in the snow is a necessity here in Ohio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)