Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's at his first h.s. party

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ds1 is at his first h.s. party- one of the girls in his orchestra class invited the whole class to a Super Bowl party. Both dh and I had a drugs/alcohol talk w/ him, and I reminded him that if anything at all made him uncomfortable, to call us and we'd get him, no getting in trouble for it.

This is the first party/get-together he's been to where I haven't known pretty much everyone else invited. I did meet the parents when I dropped him off, and I trust him, but that doesn't help the Mom nerves. . .

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jaytee
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM
It sounds like you made it known that he could count on you guys if anything came up. That's really important IMO.

I'm sure he will be fine. *hugs* again
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

hugs Its a little nerve wracking when they start going to people's houses you don't really know.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine had non alcohol parties at our house in hs at least a couple times a month or more. Rather have had 10 to 15 kids at my home than somewhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

hugs Its a little nerve wracking when they start going to people's houses you don't really know.

My thoughts, too!

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM

We have always given our kids the "free pickup, no questions asked" line.  We would rather them be safe than trying to hide possible drug or alcohol use by driving or riding with someone who is impaired.

They've never taken us up on it - they are 19, 20, 23, and 32.

The funny thing is, a few months back, my husband was going to a work celebration (huge deal), I wasn't home. My daughter who was home at the time reminded HIM that she could pick him up if need be, no questions asked.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Like that a Super Bowl party was his first H.S. party. Planned around an "event" ,automatically something to do while there ,early end time ....great set up for a party.

Did he have a good time?

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM

How did it go?

wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

He had fun. Out of the 14 or so kids there, he knew about 1/2 of them. Said he had 3 slices fo pizza, 2 cupcakes and a brownie, and still behaved himself : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)