Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When it snows, it Blizzards

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

Things are crazy hectic here.  With school closed every other week because of a few inches of snow (the hazards of living in the country) and the hospital trips with youngest daughter, I thought that today was going to be better, SCHOOL WAS FINALLY IN.

Nope.  My son, who has gotten back into stealing, or maybe perhaps he hasn't gotten out.  Got a phone call from the school today.  Suspended for 5 days.  5 DAYS I have to deal with him home.  I'm going to go MAD!  The youngest almost didnt make it to school and he got suspended!  He stole 4 pair of brand name shoes from the locker room and had them stashed in a locker.  When asked WHY he said "Because my parents are strict"  WTF??  Now he's pending charges, and we can't ship him to the relative we were going to if he did this again.  I don't believe he is allowed to leave the county. 

Will I ever get my life back?

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:11 AM

How old are the kids?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM

He is 17.  His sisters are 15 and 13.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

How old are the kids?

Carmen66
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM

omg, they need some serious discipline. I cant beleive he said he was stealing because you guys are strict. That is way beyond,  I hope you can find some type of help for your 2 kids. I will be praying for you.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM

The way your son's issues have been ignored /diminished by the mental health community just irritates me.Stealing like that and with that excuse along with all the other stuff is such a cry for help.Much more help than parents can provide.

Hang in there .You will survive.Hugs

BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Well he's 17 and in less than a year he will find out the hard way that life is no joke...

I'm sorry momma..good luck

Quoting fantasticfour:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

How old are the kids?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:53 AM

In my state, so long as he remains in high school he MUST remain at home.  Stupid since he is tried as an adult, doesn't need our permission for anything and can do what he pleases because he's an "adult".  He won't graduate until he's 19

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Well he's 17 and in less than a year he will find out the hard way that life is no joke...

I'm sorry momma..good luck

Quoting fantasticfour:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

How old are the kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)