Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sweet 16 Parties

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM
  • 24 Replies

Did you have or Do you plan on having a big bash for your daughter or son on there 16th birthday?

What color themes will you use?

blowing candles

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest had a Kentucky Derby party. Youngest had a luau with her friend. Both home parties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

My son turned 16 last week, we had a regular birthday party. I haven't decided yet if I'll plan something special when my daughters turn 16.

MomTiara19
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Quoting atlmom2: My oldest had a Kentucky Derby party. Youngest had a luau with her friend. Both home parties.

Wow that sounds so nice.Both parties must have been a blast!

MomTiara19
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

My son turned 16 last week, we had a regular birthday party. I haven't decided yet if I'll plan something special when my daughters turn 16.

Yes for my sons 16th we went out to eat and invited some friends and family.

My daughter will be 16 in a year(not this year,but already thinking about the 16th party).She doesnt like big parties(shes somewhat shy) but I really want to give her a sweet 16 party.

Also we share our birthday(she was born on my birthday).This would be her one birthday where she could shine as a young lady.Because I wont be 16 with her..lol..

mindful23
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Am preparing a 16th birthday for my granddaughter as well. Lost for ideas at the moment
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Yes we are planning one this summer. We do not have birthday parties every year so we do have big ones when we do. My husband is a Mason so we get the Mason hall for free. We will have it at the hall. She wants a bucking bull but I don't know if we will have one. It would be fun. As far as color I am not really sure. She hates pink so no pink. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:29 PM

We did not.  My son's had no interest in them.

PrideMums
by Ana & Nikki on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Our son is turning 16 in March and he has told us he wants a MLP themed party coz he is into My Little Pony but we would rather give him a Dr Who themed party coz he is also into Dr Who. 

Hmm what to do? He only has a couple of friends and a girlfriend who are now all into MLP also. Is it wrong to think that a MLP party is more for a girl then our 16 yr old to be son?? 

BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM

I tried to have one for my girls (twins) and they found out and flipped out...they didn't want it

O well

BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:52 AM

I think you know the answer to this one...

Quoting PrideMums:

Our son is turning 16 in March and he has told us he wants a MLP themed party coz he is into My Little Pony but we would rather give him a Dr Who themed party coz he is also into Dr Who. 

Hmm what to do? He only has a couple of friends and a girlfriend who are now all into MLP also. Is it wrong to think that a MLP party is more for a girl then our 16 yr old to be son?? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)