Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Anyone have kids with phobias?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

Bailey and Sam, my older daughter and my middle son both have a phobia of storms. Bailey used to be extremely terrified of them, but she's calmed down a bit. Now, it goes into full cycle when we hear the tornado sirens go off.  

Just wanted to know if there are other moms that face the same thing?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Not really. Normal fears, not phobia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ItsaJOB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Yes.  My middle daughter has major anxiety with storms.  I believe it started when she was about 7 or 8.  We were at the park and all of a sudden, the winds picked up, storm clouds, and the tornado siren went off.  There really was no place to go, and getting in the car wasn't logical, so we went inside a storm sewer (new...not dirty or with any water), and sat there until it blew over.  Ever since that, (daughter is now 23), she gets frantic when the weather turns bad.  She will grab her stuff and head to the basement.   She is in an apartment now, and hasn't had to go through a summer, yet, of bad weather, but lives on the 2nd floor, and the apartment has no basement.  I am certain she will be frantic, once again, when this summer comes.  I have no solutions.  Counseling will not help, but, perhaps some sort of calm solution when bad weather comes has to be devised.

mamavalor
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM

DD1 has a fear of flies.  She goes crazy and freaks out when there are more than one around.  Once she locked herself in the bathroom when someone left the screen door open and ten flies came into the house.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM

My son is only 6 but he is scared of Santa, Easter Bunny and tooth fairy. He said if they can get in at night than so can bad guys. He also does not like the idea that Santa can "see" him. We do not do the Santa, tooth fairy or bunny any more. It's just to stressful and it's all supose to be enjoyable. He on the other hand is not afraid of heights, broken bones etc. he would climb out the 2nd story window or touch a hot flame. It drives me crazy. 

My DD (16) has no fears. 

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM

bugs but she loves animals and wont let me kill the bugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)